Help- overdosed peachick with SafeGuard!

msmolly

Songster
May 31, 2013
386
72
161
Gates Mills, OH
I was trying to worm peachicks, Peahen and chickens, and my brain short circuited. I gave a 1# peachick almost 1 ml of safeguard instead of .23 ml. What do I do????
 

msmolly

Songster
May 31, 2013
386
72
161
Gates Mills, OH
I tried calling Kathy directly and left message. I,m feeding them everything from Mac n cheese, to mealworms to try and absorb it. Would welcome any ideas. Seems okay so far.
 

Birdrain92

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 7, 2013
4,038
622
306
Idaho
I was trying to worm peachicks, Peahen and chickens, and my brain short circuited. I gave a 1# peachick almost 1 ml of safeguard instead of .23 ml. What do I do????
You'll be fine. Safeguard has a low toxicity. With most medicines and poisons to get it out of their system you would usually flush the system with water or use another medicine to counter act it. Since Safeguard has a low toxicity, chances of the chick being harmed by it are very low.
 

casportpony

Spreadsheet Queen
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 24, 2012
107,265
285,762
2,062
The Golden State
I was trying to worm peachicks, Peahen and chickens, and my brain short circuited. I gave a 1# peachick almost 1 ml of safeguard instead of .23 ml. What do I do????
It will be fine. And the good news is, that amount is very likely to treat capillary worms. BTW, when did you call?

-Kathy
 

casportpony

Spreadsheet Queen
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 24, 2012
107,265
285,762
2,062
The Golden State
@msmolly , look, it's the only wormer that doesn't list death.
big_smile.png



-Kathy
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom