Help! Pipped eggs all died. GRAPHIC PICS

5770amber

Chirping
Jul 21, 2015
Anyone experience this.... We have amazing hatch rates and have hatched over 100 chicks with zero issues. Our last 2 hatches 75% pipped and then died. What is going on? Nothing has changed. Temps and humidity are good. Some died once pipped with their beaks out and some zipped and started to hatch and dies. Some look wet and gooey
1f61e.png

Suggestions?
[/IMG]

It's so strange. The settings have been the same all year and we NEVER had a problem. The only difference is that it was cold out and now it's blazing hot but they are in our house in a stable temperature and the hatcher temp and humidity has stayed the same all year. I'm so sad! These were our little crested cream legbars. Two hatched on their own and then two were half way hatched and they just couldn't get out. The shell was falling off but the membrane was drying out and gluing to them making them stuck. I slowly had to peel it off. Then the ones that died were gooey.
1f622.png

They look bloody. They may have hit veins. I had some guineas do that during my first hatch. 

Wet and gooey sounds like humidity too high during incubation but I'm no expert!

I didn't even know it was possible to hit a vein during the hatching process. what are the chances it happened to 7 of them? I hope we figure out what's going on!

No, you can use the spoiler feature to protect the squeamish.

What kind of incubator are you using, and are you going by the humidity on the machine or a separate hygrometer?

No, you can use the spoiler feature to protect the squeamish.

What kind of incubator are you using, and are you going by the humidity on the machine or a separate hygrometer?

We use the hova bator genesis 1588 and then the last 3 days move them into a hatcher my husband built. Our incubator has been running for months and this has happened the last two hatches. There are multiple temp and humidity gauges in each.

Back
Top Bottom