Help!! Please.. Baby Something Found

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
You know how i 'm always saying.." HOw come i never find any cute baby animals to save". when i read you guys posts??.. ...
roll.png

Yeah... so i'm sitting in my back living room. (the room with wooden ceiling beams).. and my cat is kinda being a PIA... romping around... knocked over a lamp etc... (maybe he was chasing something.).
hide.gif

ANYWAYS.. i'm sitting here...and PLOP! Something falls from my ceiling... WTH!? So i run over to see what it is..and its a baby something! Eyes still closed....
Thought it was a mouse at first... but it has a long tail.... mice dont have tails, do they?
It better NOT be a flippin RAT!
What can i feed it?? I only have low fat milk here.... could it be a squirrel?
If its a rat i SWEAR i'm moving out tomorrow....
barnie.gif

PLEASE help me save this little thing... what can i give it for milk??
Hurry...
And do i keep it warm?... i have it in a tupperware bowl on a heating pad....

hu.gif
do you have a picture you can upload real quick. If it is a rat you could always throw PIA cat up in the attic
big_smile.png
wink.png

Ive only helped a few baby animals, heating pad sounds good, with a few old rags to kinda make it a small nest. But what to feed it? I hope some one else chimes in who can help:fl

Good luck!

Both rats and mice have long tails. Hamsters do not.

How big? Single peanut size or like a peanut in shell size?

I believe you could feed it KMR (kitten milk replacer), you would need a tiny bottle or small syringe.

Could it be a squirrel baby? They are born naked like mice/rats.

I don't know which to do
hugs.gif
or
lau.gif

Move out tomorrow......got pressing matters today huh?
tongue2.gif

I'm not sure its amouse..its snout is to long??

So i can feed it KMR?? Or would store bought goats milk be better??

Heeelp

Don't feed it yourself! Feeding a wild baby animal without the proper knowledge can often kill it. Put it on a heating pad in a warm, dark, quiet place, and call your local wildlife rehab group. If you think it's a squirrel, anyway. If not and you think it's a rat or a mouse, it's up to you what you want to do with it. You could still call wildlife rehab about it, I know at least at my group we will sometimes take rats and mice just because we have soft hearts. (Sometimes they end up being food for other critters eventually, but it depends who the baby ends up with.) Can you take a picture? I can try to help ID it if so.

EDIT: Okay, already took a picture! Looks like a rat or mouse to me but I won't rule out a squirrel, depending on the size. Can you approximate the size?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom