Help, please, baby turkey with broken leg

barnmom27

Hatching
Nov 14, 2016
we got this turkey yesteady from the feed store it has a broken legs and the guy said it's been broken for a little while, he just didn't know what to do with it.. so we now have it and we are trying our best to do right by the little guy, it's so sweet! He's still eating and drinking and it's mobility is kinda limited because it's so unbalanced but it definitely tries to move around. We have named it pirate incase the leg has to be amputated. Any advice I would greatly appreciate!

we got this turkey yesterday from the feed store it has a broken legs and the guy said it's been broken for a little while, he just didn't know what to do with it.. so we now have it and we are trying our best to do right by the little guy, it's so sweet! He's still eating and drinking and it's mobility is kinda limited because it's so unbalanced but it definitely tries to move around. We have named it pirate in case the leg has to be amputated. Any advice I would greatly appreciate!
I recommend that you post in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures forum.

I do not believe your poult has a broken leg. My guess is that it is a slipped tendon and my experience is that if it is left as is for too much time that it is not likely to be able to be healed.

I recommend that you post in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures forum.

I do not believe your poult has a broken leg.  My guess is that it is a slipped tendon and my experience is that if it is left as is for too much time that it is not likely to be able to be healed.
so what can I do for him if that's is what is going on? I have a vet apt. On sat, but that's just to see what's going on, we still want to do what we can without a huge vet bill..

Back
Top Bottom