Help please! Duck hurt can’t walk

He didn’t seem to move around to much through the night. But did eat and drink more. And there was poop around his area. He is still calm which is good. But still can’t stand up.

He didn’t seem to move around to much through the night. But did eat and drink more. And there was poop around his area. He is still calm which is good. But still can’t stand up.
I pray that his legs are not broken. Glad to hear that he is at least eating and drinking. Thanks for letting me know.

Nothing is broken. They think he got hit by a car and suffered some head trauma. They said to give him a month and if he isn’t better then at that point we need to discuss quality of life. Giving him pain meds and antibiotics. His right wing does have a puncture wound.

Nothing is broken. They think he got hit by a car and suffered some head trauma. They said to give him a month and if he isn’t better then at that point we need to discuss quality of life. Giving him pain meds and antibiotics. His right wing does have a puncture wound.
Poor sweetie. Pain meds will help him feel good enough to eat hopefully. I found out the hard way to really pay attention to how much a hurt duck eats. My buttercup wasnt eating and I didnt even know, she died in 3 days. Her sickroom pal was eating all the food. I should have been tube feeding her.

Hes a moscovy duck and i dont think they are native unless your not in the US. I know in the US they are invasive. So if it heals id keep it

Back
Top Bottom