Help please i dont know whats wrong!

MrsCluckles

Songster
Feb 3, 2021
i dont know how old my hen is because she was a stray hen from the neighbors and i took her into my care. we have had her since november 2020. She is not egg bound im sure of because she has been laying eggs but the eggs come out and they are either rubber eggs or white shell and she is a brown layer, or they come out normal but the shell is like squished im not sure what is wrong and if this is another sign of whats wrong but she has been doing the squating and pooping and her poo is coming out like rabbit pellet poo or like long straight circle poo, what is wrong with her? she has also been in her coop for 2 days i dont know if it is the cold but it has been 25f to 50f and we have a heat lamp if someone thinks i should use it i just dont use it because she hates it and startes to do the bocking. please just help someone!!!!!! if you need pictures i can put pictures in!!!!

i dont know how old my hen is because she was a stray hen from the neighbors and i took her into my care. we have had her since november 2020. She is not egg bound im sure of because she has been laying eggs but the eggs come out and they are either rubber eggs or white shell and she is a brown layer, or they come out normal but the shell is like squished im not sure what is wrong and if this is another sign of whats wrong but she has been doing the squating and pooping and her poo is coming out like rabbit pellet poo or like long straight circle poo, what is wrong with her? she has also been in her coop for 2 days i dont know if it is the cold but it has been 25f to 50f and we have a heat lamp if someone thinks i should use it i just dont use it because she hates it and startes to do the bocking. please just help someone!!!!!! if you need pictures i can put pictures in!!!!
Get her some calcium, oyster shells or egg shells

I don't know about egg drop syndrome, but I would suggest moving her somewhere quiet and secure where she can relax and is out of the elements and away from the other chickens. We have a big plastic tote that we have outfitted to be a chicken ICU and we can set it up in our house or sunroom to seclude any birds going through a health issue. And be sure to give her extra electrolytes and keep her hydrated.

Thank you everyone for helping me I have figured out that she does in fact have egg drop syndrome, she won't die from this tho right?

Also can someone help out on finding what breed she is I just can't find what breed she is 20201117_120248.jpg

She looks like a barred rock but different because she has muted gray and brownish and white head and neck. Can she be mixed?
I don't know about egg drop syndrome, but I would suggest moving her somewhere quiet and secure where she can relax and is out of the elements and away from the other chickens. We have a big plastic tote that we have outfitted to be a chicken ICU and we can set it up in our house or sunroom to seclude any birds going through a health issue. And be sure to give her extra electrolytes and keep her hydrated.
Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom