Hen is acting unusual

OFWGKTA

Chirping
Dec 27, 2023
I dont know if this should go under the emergincies/cure forum, or this forum, so sorry if this is the wrong place.

My girl ruby has been acting unusual lately. She is always running around and flying but lately shes been standing still as a statue and puffed up. I went to the coop today and realised my new bantam girls hadnt come out, which is usual cuz they like to be in there, but when everyone came out ruby was just perched up and still. She usually starts speedwalking down the perch when i try to take a picture but she was just rock solid and let me take as many as i wanted. I assumed she was just in shock due to the hawk attack yesterday, which could be part of the reason shes still doing it, but she started to do this a few days ago
20240215_093852.jpg

Alright im going to tractor supply today actually, any reccomendations?
Since some of your birds aren't laying since they're too young, molting or male, you should get an all flock feed or chick starter or meatbird feed. The last two tend to be cheaper. Just a feed between 17 and 20%(22, tops) protein and calcium levels less than 3.0, oyster shell will also be handy.

Back
Top Bottom