Help Please! Is this Brahma Pullet or Cockrell

uniqueblacksheep

Chirping
May 29, 2018
I know it's soon but I have a terrible feeling this is not a pullet. It's a sweet little baby, but the wings are making me question...and the fact that it's so friendly. I went back to the store and while some of the same aged brahmas had small wings..many had longer fuller wings. I know at a week and a half it's early to tell but I really didn't want a rooster. I bought all 4 of my new babies the day they came in so I could bond more with them. And while they are all other breeds the wings on this brahma just seem so small. Anyone raised brahmas that might be able to help?

Attachments

• 20210309_070158-01.jpeg
    20210309_070158-01.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 49
Why? Are only roos friendly for you?

Hoping for a girl :fl !

Behaviorally, cockerels tend to be the most curious and start off really friendly, until the testosterone hits them and they can get aggressive. As chicks, this isn't a reliable way to judge gender, as some pullets can be this way too, but I've seen where the friendliest turned out to be a cockerel.

@Frazzemrat1 @Egg Snatcher. Thank you. It's been my favorite of the 4 chicks so far so I sure am hoping for a hen. I've not had good luck with roosters and somehow seem to get one every year even when I'm only buying 4 pullets :confused:
Can you not have rooster where you live? If you can and this on is a roo he'll be a good rooster.

Back
Top Bottom