Help Please! Is this Brahma Pullet or Cockrell

I would personally not use pace of feathering for Brahmas. Mine were all over the place in terms of speed and it really didn't mean much in terms of gender. My incredibly slow to feather one was a cockerel, but I had other cockerels who were fast to feather and pullets slow to feather. Here's a slow feathering cockerel versus slow feathering pullet showing how random the feathering patterns can be and these guys weren't exceptions
Pullet
527109A3-1463-4497-8EE9-8615EBFDB7F7.jpeg

cockerel
8869EED4-C20F-4BB2-88C2-E7668C17B06E.jpeg

Never be too certain about a Brahma's sex when young. They're notoriously deceptive.

In my first flock my rooster, Marion, was thought to be a hen named Rosemary, until a week after "The Red Boys" (my Ideal packing peanuts), went to freezer camp after they'd gotten annoying and the weather had cooled off.

In this flock I originally had 2 Light Brahmas and thought that Omelet was repeating Marion's course but as she grew it became clear that she was indeed a lovely, POL pullet and I had quite a time deciding which of the two to sell.

Interesting note: Omelet was suspected of being male in part because she was larger and bolder then Dumpling and because her comb pinked up young. But by POL Dumpling was larger -- which is why I kept her and sold Omelet.

Hello! Yes I can, so I will probably give him a try. Every time I get chicks I have one. I always give them a few months, but they get mean and I get scared of them. I've heard Brahmas are sweet so I'm hoping this one is..
Yes my brahma bantam boys are sweet. Never had a mean one. I hope you get a girl, but if it's a boy I hope he's sweet.

I would personally not use pace of feathering for Brahmas. Mine were all over the place in terms of speed and it really didn't mean much in terms of gender. My incredibly slow to feather one was a cockerel, but I had other cockerels who were fast to feather and pullets slow to feather. Here's a slow feathering cockerel versus slow feathering pullet showing how random the feathering patterns can be and these guys weren't exceptions
Pullet
View attachment 2562328

cockerel
View attachment 2562329
What kind of brahmas are these?

I know it's soon but I have a terrible feeling this is not a pullet. It's a sweet little baby, but the wings are making me question...and the fact that it's so friendly. I went back to the store and while some of the same aged brahmas had small wings..many had longer fuller wings. I know at a week and a half it's early to tell but I really didn't want a rooster. I bought all 4 of my new babies the day they came in so I could bond more with them. And while they are all other breeds the wings on this brahma just seem so small. Anyone raised brahmas that might be able to help?
It’s much too soon to know what sex that chick is, by it’s feathering.
She’s a really cute chick, though.

Back
Top Bottom