HELP PLEASE, my baby chick is being weird and not her usual self this morning I am worried.

Emma_829405

Hatching
Jul 15, 2023
I have a late hatcher that had her egg sack still attached for a couple days. It dried up enough that I could snip just enough off and after feeding her and giving her water, I decided to let her rest for the night lastnight. For the past 4 days she’s been super active, always trilling and looking to be held. But when I woke up to check on her today I noticed she was making quiet peeps and when I picked her up she was still half awake and wouldn’t stand. Nothing was wrong from what showed. I am worried if this lethargy state is because she’s closer to deaths door.. I can’t get her to eat anything. I gave her a little bit of raw egg yolk and water but her eyes weren’t opening fully and if they did it wasn’t for long. I wrapped her in a cloth and put her in a box where she is resting. She makes a handful of different chirps any day but today it’s just a light simple chirping nothing more. I don’t really know what to do to help her or what could even be wrong as I haven’t noticed anything..

Attachments

• C3F47146-C4FC-4246-AA56-BD2456032499.jpeg
    C3F47146-C4FC-4246-AA56-BD2456032499.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 23
How warm is her environment? Chicks need artificial heat if they don't have a broody momma to keep them warm. They also need an area to get out of the heat if they get too warm.

1689531081132.png

Back
Top Bottom