hen not acting her usual self

dday6342

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2023
good afternoon i have a question if anyone can help one of my hens “cher” is not acting her normal self shes been laying around not very active today and ive noticed shes not eating as much or drinking as much and i noticed her poo dosmt like normal to me, she was sleeping in my lap for like and hour i checked her skin, eyes to see if there somthing wrong her body feels normal her abdomen isnt bloated or nothing
please if anyone has any ideas
ive attached photos

Attachments

• IMG_5369.jpeg
    IMG_5369.jpeg
    950.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5368.jpeg
    IMG_5368.jpeg
    446.3 KB · Views: 5
Did she eat or drink this afternoon?How old is she and is she laying eggs? What are you feeding her? Have you wormed her recently? We can see the loose poop on her vent, but if you can capture a picture of how her droppings look, that would be helpful. Check and feel her crop first thing in the morning before she has anything to eat or drink, to see if her crop is empty and flat. Let us know what it is like then.

Did she eat or drink this afternoon?How old is she and is she laying eggs? What are you feeding her? Have you wormed her recently? We can see the loose poop on her vent, but if you can capture a picture of how her droppings look, that would be helpful. Check and feel her crop first thing in the morning before she has anything to eat or drink, to see if her crop is empty and flat. Let us know what it is like then.
it is the morning after her crop is empty shes eating and drinking now all the dropping from my girls is normal my girls are 8 months old shes seems a little more lively today weird they havnt had eggs in a couple months im feeding her pellets mixed with crumbled layer feed and meal worms at night this is my first time having chickens

I’m think sour crop. Does her crop feel squishy like a water balloon or hard and firm like it should? Is it emptying out like it should every night?
her crop feels hard and firm and it was rmpty this morning but she is havng white loose stools i did notice one of her stools she had find shavings in it which is weird never seen that shes eating and drinking a little here and there

Back
Top Bottom