Help please my ducks were attacked and killed and one lived

He is doing better, quacking, lol pecking me, drinking pedialyte on his own. He looks at the food and takes a bite every now and again. He gets up and walks around the tote I have him in. The only sore or wound I found on him was on his back which I keep an antibiotic on it. He was preening himself this morning. I'm just worried about him not eating, drinking is no problem now he sure does love the pedialyte lol. I'm going to make him a warm bath in the morning and see how he likes it. Thanks for helping if he doesn't eat pretty soon I need to learn how to tube feed him. I got the price tag
for them from the feed store.

So awesome he is doing so well! Don't fret the feeding IMO. Applesauce and eggs are great to offer. But as long as he has vitamins...
I just remembered my Pekin! When his mate died, he would only eat spinach and meal worms. I am told that he would not even eat when a new girl was brought in. Now, I adopted the pair, and they ate the pellets I gave them (I was told neither would touch pellets).
Try giving him meal worms and vegetables!
Be sure that the tag includes the feed, water, heat, and time put into them.

Last edited:
Thank you so much I'm going to try some meal worms and applesauce, I tried eggs, baby duck food and peas he is not interested in that stuff lol. Even tried to mush his food with the pedialyte since that is his favorite drink. All he wants to do is peck me and quack lol. I'll give him time on eating and at least keep up the pedialyte. Thanks again for the suggestions, you all are awesome!!

Thanks again everyone for all the wonderful advice! We just started eating pellets again today, poop looking normal, wound is healing! We are fixing the fence and soon to be getting some more ducklings however Lucky Duck will just go outside to fertilize eggs when I want to hatch eggs, I'm getting him a duck diaper and he will stay inside with me!

Back
Top Bottom