Help PLEASE! My Pekin is losing feathers (not molting), can't walk and her tail is completely down.

Valkyrisa

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2017
My Pekin momma is 11 months old and just a few hours ago she can't stand or walk, is losing a ton of feathers but is NOT molting. She is eating drinking fine, I have checked her for cuts, breaks, ticks, anything abnormal and there is nothing. I live in Michigan so the weather has been mild. I am at a loss as to what is wrong with her. There is no avian vet within over a hundred miles. Could these symptoms be caused from egg binding? I have never dealt with it before, but just in case it is I have her in her second warm bath with some apple cider vinegar in the water. I think I feel 2 eggs but am not positive. Any help at all from anyone who has experience with any of these symptoms would be sooooooo greatly appreciated. I can't stand to see momma in pain. Actually, she doesn't seem to be in pain, it's just that seeing momma in this shape is painful for me.

Last edited:
no, her legs aren't working for walking. She can move them some in the tub. Do ducks molt like chickens?

Last edited:
Also, her tail is completely down and messy, which has never happened before either?!?! Does anyone know what this is a symptom of? If anything.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom