Help please new to cambells

Eemiia

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2021
So a moth ago i got three female khaki cambells who were 19 weeks and started reading so much useful advice on this platform (thank you all :)).

I absolutely love my smucks and although we are urban semi rural - we have neighbours and because its So quite around here, my girls seem so LOUD.

I am taking every step I can to calm my ladies down and be considerate to my fellow neighbours and for majority of the day they are pretty quiet, however, when they are let out the pen at 9am for 2- 3 hours it's carnage (loud alarm quacking squeeling) I love their noises but they will often 'act out' uncontrollably throughout the day.
I'm less concerned about their noise in evenings in their shed as I can always soundproof that to make sure neighbours are not woken.

So my question is (if your still with me after all that...!) what do you do to' calm' your ladies when they are having one of those hours when they Bob about and scream even thought they have everything they need! I've looked online and like the idea of a greens hanging basket or roll of turf to distract them ( although I have a feeling this could do the opposite and completley excite them to the point of explosion)

They are usually only noisey in spurts but it has no trigger and they climb over one another (almost like humping!) and scream, they are also SUPER LOUD when they free range in the garden, almost like a siren over and over so it's difficult to free range (although their pen is large with a pool and feeder / drinker / shed etc for them

Help please I love my ladies and want to firstly keep them calm (even considering music :S) but also make sure I'm not put in a position where I loose them due to complaints as we approach summer months and people want windows open

Thank you

Ducks are naturally LOUD animals. There isn’t a way to quiet them really.

Are ducks allowed in your neighborhood? Because if so, you shouldn’t need to worry about neighbors. They have nothing to complain about if there isn’t a rule against them.

True my girls are really loud this time of year more so than any other time and I’m beginning to think it’s hormonal. Sounds like your females may start to lay soon and you can always off eggs as a peace offering to neighbors that may help them accept any noise. I find Barking dogs to make much more noise than quacking ducks.

Back
Top Bottom