Help please with first hatch

This morning I had 2 happy and fluff chicks in my brooder! They have fluffed up well and seem to have bonded. I am beyond happy and excited to finally have success with the eggs. I'll send a pic soon once I'm on a computer as the mobile app doesn't seem to attach my pics. Thank you all for your help! It's been very appreciated :)

This morning I had 2 happy and fluff chicks in my brooder! They have fluffed up well and seem to have bonded. I am beyond happy and excited to finally have success with the eggs. I'll send a pic soon once I'm on a computer as the mobile app doesn't seem to attach my pics. Thank you all for your help! It's been very appreciated
smile.png

Yeah!! Glad to hear it.
clap.gif

(regarding the mobile app, when I hit the pic icon, it looks like it goes to a blank screen, but if I scroll back upwards, the attach button is there... so it might be that way for you also. Its still easier from the computer though)

Me again! Right what do you think I should do with this fella? He made his first tiny pip almost 48 hours ago, I could see there was a whole/crack in the shell but the inner membrane looked intact and I saw no movement from then until this morning when he made what looked like a second pip about 1cm to the right of the first pip, again I could see only the internal membrane. Now over the last 3 hours he's basically made a big hole thats joined those 2 pips together and finally broken through the internal membrane. But my concern is he doesn't look like he's zipping like the others did. I can see his beak move inside the whole when I make noise at him but not much else is happening. Do you think he's stuck? Should I intervene or let nature take it's course? Thanks in advance :)

Back
Top Bottom