Help Please

Q QUAIL S

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2016
Help. I went out to do my birds and I found one of my males had his head cut open I think that my other 5 males did that. It is about the size of a penny and is bleeding bad. I think I should butcher him before he dies. I haven't butchered any quail before. And I have 6 males to my 6 females so I need to butcher some males so that I just have 1 or 2.
hit.gif

Last edited:
I had one that was scalped very badly. I did not think there was any way he could survive, but I isolated him, gave him a heat lamp and he recovered fully. I didn't even treat it with anything - I just left it to heal. Males can live together fine if they can't see females and have enough space/decor to get out of each others eye line.

If it doesn't stop bleeding apply corn starch on it and put him in warm dark seclusion for a while.

The aggressor will likely have blood on it - it would be time to seperate your males :O

I think he is getting better. The blood is now scabbing over and I isolated him. Tomorrow I found time to going to butcher him and four others.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom