Help please

@KostasMan I'm sorry about your chick.

put it and its shell in a coffee cup Try to keep its butt in the shell and keep it in the incubator with the humidity up.
Yes, the idea is to limit the chicks movement so it dont separate from the shell . You want to keep it attached as long as possible. Til that yolk sac absorbs
I am calling educators to come to your thread and help you. These are members that have worked very hard at earning a badge for being knowledgeable in all aspects of chicken rearing. I know it is a very scary thing to do and you dont want to force the chick back into the shell. Think of it like a spoon. You want to use it to pick the chick and yolk up without spilling any "soup". I am not an educator and its hard for me to explain things right. LOL But the shell is to support the yolk and blood veins as you move it. If they rupture the chick will most likely die. Putting it in a cup prevents the chick from kicking it and popping the yolk. extra humidity helps the yolk absorb.
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Granny! Excellent advice and instructions please don't sell yourself short! I really like the word "picture" of the shell as a "spoon" very good:)

@MearBear good job! You hung in there helping! Glad to see new members jump in with suggestions :welcome

Hello everybody

I noticed that a chick has something red -ish between its legs.I tried to take a picture but it wont let me

Hello everybody

I noticed that a chick has something red -ish between its legs.I tried to take a picture but it wont let me
A photo would be helpful.

Take a look at this link - Chicken Chick has a very good photo of the vent along with the belly button or navel - is this what you are seeing? http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2014/03/pasty-butt-in-chicks-causestreatmen/
b268df4c43d9aa4308d0c66a7d1688bd.jpg

Photo reference - the Chicken Chick http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2014/03/pasty-butt-in-chicks-causestreatmen/

That is the same as the other chick but not as bad. yolk . Do you have any triple antibiotic ? I would put some on and make sure the other chicks are not trying to peck it. It should either absorb or more likely dry up and fall off in a couple weeks.

That is the same as the other chick but not as bad. yolk . Do you have any triple antibiotic ? I would put some on and make sure the other chicks are not trying to peck it. It should either absorb or more likely dry up and fall off in a couple weeks.

Okay thanks i think i have some ill apply it.Also my chicks pinch eachother and some of the pinches are close to the eye should i worry?

sorta normal. They are establishing pecking order already. Sometimes it can get violent and they need to be separated. I have seen them take an eye out ! If they peck that yolk sac it can bust and kill the little one. As long as no blood is being drawn I wouldnt worry. Try giving them something to entertain themselves with. Mirror ? cuddly stuffed animal maybe ?

sorta normal. They are establishing pecking order already. Sometimes it can get violent and they need to be separated. I have seen them take an eye out ! If they peck that yolk sac it can bust and kill the little one. As long as no blood is being drawn I wouldnt worry. Try giving them something to entertain themselves with. Mirror ? cuddly stuffed animal maybe ?

Ok thanks.I wanna ask some more things about my hens but its night and i cant take pictures

Back
Top Bottom