HELP PLEASE

Caroline0615

Chirping
May 11, 2020
So my week old “broiler” or “white leghorn” hen isn’t acting like she did the first couple days I’ve had her. She seems weaker than usual. I’ve only been seeing her drink water, however I have seen her poop. All she wants to do is sleep and drink unlike the other babies who will run up to my hand when I place food in it. I’m worried about her so please respond. I felt her crop and it’s either water or some different liquid in it. I know how to treat sour crop but I’m not sure if this is what it is. I have let them outside 2 days ago so they had access to grass, insects, and I fed them worms which they loved. None of the other chicks are acting different only her. I’ll send pics if necessary

So my week old “broiler” or “white leghorn” hen isn’t acting like she did the first couple days I’ve had her. She seems weaker than usual. I’ve only been seeing her drink water, however I have seen her poop. All she wants to do is sleep and drink unlike the other babies who will run up to my hand when I place food in it. I’m worried about her so please respond. I felt her crop and it’s either water or some different liquid in it. I know how to treat sour crop but I’m not sure if this is what it is. I have let them outside 2 days ago so they had access to grass, insects, and I fed them worms which they loved. None of the other chicks are acting different only her. I’ll send pics if necessary
She isn’t doing really good. Her poop was runny yellow with no signs of food in her and she isn’t reacting to me tapping unlike the other chicks. She will perk up if I pick her up but will then continue to sleep

image.jpg

Thank you. Did you try to do anything for her or him? I just had one step on her neck and she didn’t react to it so I pulled him off of her
it can walk right? does its head look ok or does anything look a hair different than the others like the way it’s head lays?

it can walk right? does its head look ok or does anything look a hair different than the others like the way it’s head lays?
Her head looks fine. I isolated her so she can be with me and I put a light that will heat up over her so I can have my eye on her throughout the night..

Back
Top Bottom