Help please!!!

Pics

BeakerTheBantam

Chirping
Oct 12, 2020
Hey y'all!!
Can someone please enlighten me with the condition of my chicken? She has orange poop and when I picked it up with paper towel, this is how it looks like.👇👇👇
IMG20201112080531.jpg

The orange you're seeing is stringy. No liquid blood.
I am also wondering about the round thingy at the side. I tried squeezing one out and it feels so hard. My pinch didn't do anything. I think she pooped like more than 5 of these round things. In the photo, there's like 3 of 'em. The two are still covered in poo.

She's still eating and drinking and acting all normal but she's been passing watery poo. I know somethings wrong.

Please i need immediate help!
Thank you!

Could be worms, try deworming her or vinegar.
Part of hat looks like just internal lining being shed, but if it continues, something is v. wrong. Sounds most like worms though.
Is she laying? How old is she? Is she a lone he or is the flock not affected?

Could be worms, try deworming her or vinegar.
Part of hat looks like just internal lining being shed, but if it continues, something is v. wrong. Sounds most like worms though.
Is she laying? How old is she? Is she a lone he or is the flock not affected?
I dewormed her twice last month and on the second worming she passed lots of dead worm. She got the orange poop since Oct 29. I was told here it might be coccidiosis or worm. I just dont know now.
What could those round things be?? Its the first time I saw something like it in her poo.

She stopped laying eggs. She's about 8 months and free range.
Additional info, she pooped blood with jelly consistency.👇
IMG20201029105225.jpg

Hmm, that is a bit more difficult.
It would be more unusual for an 8 month hen to get cocci, but not unheard off.

However, it sounds like a worm attack to me. It happened to mine and after worming she was 100% fine!

I think you should de-worm her, and keep me posted on the results.
Cocci is a swift killer so she probably would not be OK 10 days after it started.

Good luck!

Hmm, that is a bit more difficult.
It would be more unusual for an 8 month hen to get cocci, but not unheard off.

However, it sounds like a worm attack to me. It happened to mine and after worming she was 100% fine!

I think you should de-worm her, and keep me posted on the results.
Cocci is a swift killer so she probably would not be OK 10 days after it started.

Good luck!
Do you know what are those round stuff in her poop?
Okay, i will de worm her again and update you.
Thanks!!

Probably something she ate but I can't be sure. Mine eat crazy things!

Good plan, I'll keep an eye out.

PS. We had a little Silkie Bantam chick called Beaker!
We were SO sad when a fox killed her. She was our pet because her mummy didn't want her and she loved to sleep on our laps.

Probably something she ate but I can't be sure. Mine eat crazy things!

Good plan, I'll keep an eye out.

PS. We had a little Silkie Bantam chick called Beaker!
We were SO sad when a fox killed her. She was our pet because her mummy didn't want her and she loved to sleep on our laps.
I know bantams are sweet chickies! My Beaker loves to follow me everywhere. Whenever its her meal time I just have to call her by name. I love it!

Btw, does deworming cause stress to chickens? Because everytime I worm her she just sit in one place all puffed up and lose her appetite. She goes like that for more than 3 days. Im trying to give her anything to eat just so she wont starve herself. Anh also her poo changes color. Sometimes yellowish orange mixed with green and she also pass watery poo, but the water is tinted pink-reddish.

What do you think is the best to give her while fighting the stress of deworming?

Some worming regimes need to be administered more than once because they kill the worm, but not the worm eggs. Deworm them the first time, wait a specified period of time to allow their eggs to hatch and deworm again before the worms have had a chance to breed and start the cycle again. If the medication you're using to deworm them is a two-parter, then you'll need to start the whole deworm process again.

Hey y'all!!
Can someone please enlighten me with the condition of my chicken? She has orange poop and when I picked it up with paper towel, this is how it looks like.👇👇👇
View attachment 2408472
The orange you're seeing is stringy. No liquid blood.
I am also wondering about the round thingy at the side. I tried squeezing one out and it feels so hard. My pinch didn't do anything. I think she pooped like more than 5 of these round things. In the photo, there's like 3 of 'em. The two are still covered in poo.

She's still eating and drinking and acting all normal but she's been passing watery poo. I know somethings wrong.

Please i need immediate help!
Thank you!
I dewormed her twice last month and on the second worming she passed lots of dead worm. She got the orange poop since Oct 29. I was told here it might be coccidiosis or worm. I just dont know now.
What could those round things be?? Its the first time I saw something like it in her poo.
She stopped laying eggs. She's about 8 months and free range.
Btw, does deworming cause stress to chickens? Because everytime I worm her she just sit in one place all puffed up and lose her appetite. She goes like that for more than 3 days. Im trying to give her anything to eat just so she wont starve herself. Anh also her poo changes color. Sometimes yellowish orange mixed with green and she also pass watery poo, but the water is tinted pink-reddish.

Where are you located in the world?
What did you use for a de-wormer (product and dose)?

I'm not sure about the round things - she's eaten something and is passing those out - look around in your yard to see where she's been hanging out.

What type of worms did you see expelled in the poop when you de-wormed her? Did you get photos?

What do you feed including treats?
Do your birds have grit?

Is her crop emptying overnight?

You mention she does not feel well after you de-worm her - how are you giving the medication and handling her?

Back
Top Bottom