Help please!!!

If the poop is consistent like that, then I think I would treat for worms and Coccidiosis.
Her poop sometimes is like drowning in water and sometimes no pool of water but is still wet.

What should i do first? Or can i deworm and treat her at the same time?

This is what i have for coccidiosis👇
IMG20201115140321.jpg

It is water soluble powder.

Here is a photo of her fresh poop. (Got stepped on) i noticed the white spots. Are those worm eggs? Or just undigested bird's seeds?And you can also see some orange in the poop. I hope the photo can help.
IMG20201115161418.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like seeds in the poop.
I would use the Amprolium/Sulfaquinoxaline first then see what the poop looks like.

AFTER you finish treatment, give her some yogurt or buttermilk for a couple of days to help restore the gut. If you have poultry vitamins, give those for a couple of days too - but do this after the treatment.

Looks like seeds in the poop.
I would use the Amprolium/Sulfaquinoxaline first then see what the poop looks like.

AFTER you finish treatment, give her some yogurt or buttermilk for a couple of days to help restore the gut. If you have poultry vitamins, give those for a couple of days too - but do this after the treatment.
Thank you so much! I will do the treatment tomorrow and keep you posted.

Can i give yogurt/buttermilk as it is, or should i mix it with the feed?

Thank you so much! I will do the treatment tomorrow and keep you posted.

Can i give yogurt/buttermilk as it is, or should i mix it with the feed?
How you give the yogurt/buttermilk is up to you - just a small amount of course.
My birds like wet feed with buttermilk, so I go that route, but yours may like to eat or drink it straight:)

How you give the yogurt/buttermilk is up to you - just a small amount of course.
My birds like wet feed with buttermilk, so I go that route, but yours may like to eat or drink it straight:)
Hello! Just an update.
She's on her third day of treatment and I notice that her poop are even more wet. She looks good and so active tho.

Btw, here is a photo of the worms she excreted the last time i dewormed her. Am i right to say its tapeworm?
received_267936591224720.jpeg

I hope you can see it clear. The thin white line is a worm with horizontal lines and all the "green poos" are dead worms covered in poos.
I observed that the worms expand but are still looking flat, if you know what I mean.

I hope this can help solve my problem.

Hard to see it, but it does look somewhat like a tapeworm. If you can find a de-wormer that has Praziquantel that may be more effective than the Wormzole.
Im sorry for the bad photo. Do you think worms are the culprit of her watery poop?

And i hope its not too much to ask about drooling chicken. Because i had a roo that died just this year and he also somewhat "drool" and then after sometime he loses his balance. And eventually wasnt able to walk/stand. I didn't have the chance to disinfect the scratch pen where he died because when i woke up there is a new hen and now shes drooling and looks like she's about to wobble too. ☹️😩
The only symptoms are the "drool" and stumbling(or paralized)

Im sorry for the bad photo. Do you think worms are the culprit of her watery poop?

And i hope its not too much to ask about drooling chicken. Because i had a roo that died just this year and he also somewhat "drool" and then after sometime he loses his balance. And eventually wasnt able to walk/stand. I didn't have the chance to disinfect the scratch pen where he died because when i woke up there is a new hen and now shes drooling and looks like she's about to wobble too. ☹😩
The only symptoms are the "drool" and stumbling(or paralized)
Do you notice if they have any mucous or canker inside the beak?
Hard to know what's going on there. Could be disease like Marek's, a crop issue, worms or one of many problems that chickens can have.

Do you notice if they have any mucous or canker inside the beak?
Hard to know what's going on there. Could be disease like Marek's, a crop issue, worms or one of many problems that chickens can have.
I checked her crop this morning before feeding her and its empty. I haven't inside her beak yet.

Back
Top Bottom