Help please!

Lisa38

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2023
So 1 of my hens has been sitting for a long period of time. She had a few mess ups switching boxes so I was worried she would quit sitting in the middle of an incubation period..... well it happened. She quit sitting this morning and I have an egg that is peeping! So I have it under a heat lamp with the 3 others.... but how do I maintain humidity?

Can u get an incubator ASAP?
No it's too late for a store. It's still peeping. I've got the heat lamp on it. Do you know if I stick them back under the same hen for the night, and they hatch, will she take them?

No it's too late for a store. It's still peeping. I've got the heat lamp on it. Do you know if I stick them back under the same hen for the night, and they hatch, will she take them?
That's up 2 you....depending on how much your egg has peeped? Pic? If the other eggs are not peeping I would try slipping them back under her. She may take them. She may not, but you have a better chance at night when she is not moving "as much".

That's up 2 you....depending on how much your egg has peeped? Pic? If the other eggs are not peeping I would try slipping them back under her. She may take them. She may not, but you have a better chance at night when she is not moving "as much".

The other eggs are not peeping but they're close to hatching too. I think even if she sits on them all night she'll just leave them in the morning again

You can use a small cardboard box as a makeshift incubator and place a wet sponge or some water inside. Keep the temp up with the heat lamp.

Attachments

• 20230822_220006.jpg
    20230822_220006.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom