Help!!!!! Please!!!

bathchickengirl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 28, 2013
I have 5 girls- 15 weeks old. None are laying yet. They were perfect ladies and a week ago before we left for a week beach vacation. My dad took over the feeding while we were gone. This morning I let them out into their pen and they are all of a sudden very LOUD! One in particular- she is a Cochin. I have always noticed that contrary to reviews I have read about them that she has been rather bossy- almost a bully to the other girls. Now she is making this awful noise! I think that my neighbors are going to freak out!!! It is not an ack or a buk sound!!! Here is link to video!

Last edited:
Yep- I think that I agree. I totally got a rooster. I am so bummed. I am a backyard chicken farmer and have no experience doing this. I went to Meyer Hatchery because I trusted them and their good reputation. What do I do now?? Can I take it back? Will they exchange it for another female pullet? I am scared to put it on Craigslist for fear that it will land in the wrong hands. For now it is residing in my attached garage (not a good solution as he can still be heard outside). Advice?

If you have a white cochin hen you can sell the rooster with it as a pair to help insure someone wants it for a pet and not food.
Is it bantam or large fowl?

I know! I was completely floored!!! We didn't get in until midnight last night and at 6am this is what I woke to find!

Back
Top Bottom