Help!! Possible Egg bound chicken

I have a Khaki girl that had what looked like egg white coming from her Sunday. I put her in an epsom salt, room temp bath. She had no blood and just seems "meh". After the bath she was a little more animated, but yesterday I noticed she was still off. I put her in a bath again. The had the slime on her vent again/still and so I tried to flush it with some veg oil. I let her soak a while and then she seemed way cleaner - to the point I couldn't find her vent for a good 2 minutes. I used a little antibiotic ointment and put her back outside. She is not eating or excited about treats, but she drinks and still has motor use. She seems lethargic. Any suggestion on what this might have been or how I can help her?

Have you tried the calcium pill? I did that yesterday morning then put her in a dog crate for the rest of the day in a quite room, by the afternoon I put her back out in the coop because I felt like she wasn't happy in the crate and this morning when I was leaving for work she was in the nesting box. fingers crossed I have a egg from her when I get home. I'm still not sure she was egg bound. She's acting fine eating and drinking and her vent looks normal. You may want to try the Calcium pill and sugar water. I gave her sugar water as well to help with the pain. I was told that's like us getting a IV at the hospital

Have you tried the calcium pill? I did that yesterday morning then put her in a dog crate for the rest of the day in a quite room, by the afternoon I put her back out in the coop because I felt like she wasn't happy in the crate and this morning when I was leaving for work she was in the nesting box. fingers crossed I have a egg from her when I get home. I'm still not sure she was egg bound. She's acting fine eating and drinking and her vent looks normal. You may want to try the Calcium pill and sugar water. I gave her sugar water as well to help with the pain. I was told that's like us getting a IV at the hospital
I haven't yet, but I will try that today. Thank you!

so my girl laid her eggs 2 days in a row now but she's still acting funny fluffing up and now scratching her neck and making a awful screeching sound...... any ideas?? Not sure it matters but she's a duccle

I did..I didn't really see anything but I don't know what I'm looking for either so I went and bought the dust and put it all in the coop/run

I wanted to update everyone. So after all my worrying she has went broody. I think that was the problem all along.... i've gotten eggs from a friend and we will see what happens. I checked last night and all four eggs you can see veins in the shell😍

Back
Top Bottom