HELP!!!!!!!!! Quail was acting funny (neurotic), hours later she had both eyes shut tight, huddled..

We were snuggling to dry off and didn't get the chance.. she got up, opened her eyes and within a minute she took flight (quick leap to the cat in the window!) Hahaha
Scared the crap out of the cat :eek::lau then within minutes she was like, k.. I'm ready to go LOL
Wow! That was miraculous!!!!
Thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH Binki :hugs and everyone who commented on my first post here! You're amazing!!
You saved PHEONIX! This site is a godsend! Beautiful!!! :love:bun:yesss:

We were snuggling to dry off and didn't get the chance.. she got up, opened her eyes and within a minute she took flight (quick leap to the cat in the window!) Hahaha
Scared the crap out of the cat :eek::lau then within minutes she was like, k.. I'm ready to go LOL
Wow! That was miraculous!!!!
Thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH Binki :hugs and everyone who commented on my first post here! You're amazing!!
You saved PHEONIX! This site is a godsend! Beautiful!!! :love:bun:yesss:

:D! You're very welcome, Pheonix is lucky to have you ^^! LOL wow she's like "I'm over it~" hehehe! The pics were adorable :)

:D! You're very welcome, Pheonix is lucky to have you ^^! LOL wow she's like "I'm over it~" hehehe! The pics were adorable :)
It was so quick I couldn't believe it was real.. I mean one second we're snuggling and the next she just open's her eyes and just ready to go lol
Should I continue to feed her with the warm slush and straw? If so, how often? After I put her back in the "medic" cage she started pecking around but not sure she's actually eating..
I put organic acv in the water and hoping she drinks some of that too.

It was so quick I couldn't believe it was real.. I mean one second we're snuggling and the next she just open's her eyes and just ready to go lol
Should I continue to feed her with the warm slush and straw? If so, how often? After I put her back in the "medic" cage she started pecking around but not sure she's actually eating..
I put organic acv in the water and hoping she drinks some of that too.

Observe her as much as possible - if you can't be sure that she's eating and drinking, make sure she gets a few swallows of the slurry every two hours or so to keep her strength up and so she doesn't get too dehydrated - I know quail drink a lot of water for their size so hopefully she takes to drinking on her own soon!

how can I catch quails from jungle there are 100 of quails in jungle near my home but they run away like bullets do you have any idea I want to catch and keep them if they found people with 50ft near them they run away how can we bring closer to our wall from jungle or net? plz do let me know? asif

how can I catch quails from jungle there are 100 of quails in jungle near my home but they run away like bullets do you have any idea I want to catch and keep them if they found people with 50ft near them they run away how can we bring closer to our wall from jungle or net? plz do let me know? asif

I'm really not sure how you would go about that, but if you post in that forum I'm sure someone will be able to help you.. :) best of luck!

Last edited:
Observe her as much as possible - if you can't be sure that she's eating and drinking, make sure she gets a few swallows of the slurry every two hours or so to keep her strength up and so she doesn't get too dehydrated - I know quail drink a lot of water for their size so hopefully she takes to drinking on her own soon!
So Phoenix seemed to be doing great, was eating and drinking on her own, so I put her and Lucy back in the big cage with everyone else... then when I went to check on her last night, she was a bloody mess!!! Will post pics..
But I ended up taking her out and cleaning her up, I did put polysporin on her wounds because they were awful looking and I don't want her wounds to get infected..
This morning she looked much better but still her eyes are closed.
I took Lucy out to be in the medic cage with her for company again, and today she (Lucy) seemed like she wanted out, so when I put her back in the big cage I noticed my male (Ricky) went crazy and started attacking Lucy! She was chased around forever and pecked at, she was panting and freaked out, so I took Ricky out and put him in the medic cage to separate but he right away pecked at Phoenix's face :(
So I left Ricky in the small cage and put Phoenix in with the rest of the females.. she is resting in the hide box right now, but I don't know what to do. Will Ricky calm down?
Is this breeding season? Is that why he's acting like this? He's too aggressive to be with them.. and he's crowing now in the medic cage, I'm sure he's unhappy to be separated from his girls, but he's a danger to them.
He's always been fine till now.
I'm afraid Phoenix has possibly had at least one eye pecked out too by him!

I'm afraid she may have had her left eye pecked out.
I fed her this morning and gave her a little shower in the sink then went to snuggle her by the window and she seemed to be in better spirits but she's not as lively as she was the other day after feeding.. :(

Attachments

• 20170523_100018.jpg
    20170523_100018.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170523_100028.jpg
    20170523_100028.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This is what she looks like today, I'm pretty sure her left eye is no longer there. It looks awful.

Attachments

• 20170524_150045.jpg
    20170524_150045.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170524_150111.jpg
    20170524_150111.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170524_150245.jpg
    20170524_150245.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom