HELP!!!!!!! Roo Found Drowned

On his towel from last night there was some kinda normalish and today I saw him go and it was very yellow and slimey

On his towel from last night there was some kinda normalish and today I saw him go and it was very yellow and slimey
Get lots of fluids into him before you try feeding him. If you're worried about low blood sugar, give a couple ml's of corn syrup.

-Kathy

Thank you everyone for all your responses, recommendations, and well wishes. I am Happy to report that my "Black Jack" that I found drowned 2days ago and revived, is doing amazingly well. He's back with his girls and as far as I can tell, acting as if nothing ever happened.
D.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

Thank you everyone for all your responses, recommendations, and well wishes. I am Happy to report that my "Black Jack" that I found drowned 2days ago and revived, is doing amazingly well. He's back with his girls and as far as I can tell, acting as if nothing ever happened.
D.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

YAY! Good news
smile.png
hope he continue to do well.

D.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
What turned him around?

As far as I can see just time. I made sure he stayed warm, kept him separated from the other chickens but within sight and sound until he looked as if he could defend himself Then I only put him in with his hens, not the adults so he felt secure. After that I followed his lead and when he showed he wanted to free range I let him but kept a close eye because of the Boss roo who was not mean but I've heard that flocks will swarm and possibly kill injured or sick flock mates. I say WAS not mean because Friday he was hit and killed by a speeding Perdue chicken feed truck right at the edge of my yard.

LOL. The avatar I my 4yr old sons favorite saying right now.. "Mama, guess what?" I say "what" he says "Chicken butt!" then "Mama, Guess who?" I say "Who?" he says "Chicken poo!" Laughs his butt off holding his belly rolling around on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom