HELP! Rooster with weak legs, twisting neck

I would not separate him in a cage as long as he is seeming to act like a normal chicken, and as long as others are not picking on him. He will be better off out with his flock, taking dust baths and pecking around for food. An inner ear infection is something to keep in mind with imbalance, but it is more often seen with a neurological issue.

When I first joined BYC, I believed a lot of the hype about things like pumpkin seeds, ACV, and DE. But I don’t use any of those now. I bought many pounds of raw pumpkin seeds online, my chickens would not eat them in any shape whole, chopped, ground, or otherwise. Scroll down to the section about pumpkin seeds and worming:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens/
You have to watch some advice on here, some is nothing more than spew from the illiterate witch doctors that think nothing but truth is allowed on the Internet. For every piece of legitimate scientific advise, there are 3 uneducated fruitcake hippy advices.
Always question authority,
Always research any advise from anyone.
And always get a second opinion!
Lives could depend on it.

PS the above post was about hippy belief in The Great Pumpkin Seed, Happy Cider (yeah, you can get a buzz from apple cider, not vinegar), and even shaving the hairs off your legs and *** and putting them in feed to get rid of worms. Don't get me wrong, some kinds of hairs could even choke a man, but they ain't never gonna kill chicken worms!

Last edited:
I would not separate him in a cage as long as he is seeming to act like a normal chicken, and as long as others are not picking on him. He will be better off out with his flock, taking dust baths and pecking around for food. An inner ear infection is something to keep in mind with imbalance, but it is more often seen with a neurological issue.

When I first joined BYC, I believed a lot of the hype about things like pumpkin seeds, ACV, and DE. But I don’t use any of those now. I bought many pounds of raw pumpkin seeds online, my chickens would not eat them in any shape whole, chopped, ground, or otherwise. Scroll down to the section about pumpkin seeds and worming:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens/
Thank you for the link!
I ended up getting their fecel tested and no worms! I think you could use pumpkin seeds as prevention but not for treating over loads.

Hi all, it’s been a couple of weeks and Wheels is not getting any better. I’m going to take him to our path lab on Tuesday where a necropsy will be done. He is eating and drinking well, still crowing and dancing at other chickens at times. But I have caught him “stuck” laying on his sides with the legs doing the split a few times in the past week. I know this is a typical sign of Marek’s. I will post here again when I get the results. I can’t even bare to think about not having him in my life but I’d rather send him over the bridge than having him die somewhere on his own when I’m not around. And having him tested could give me so much more information. I know if it turned out to be Marek, my entire flock would have been affected, I honestly don’t even know what I would do.

Hi all, it’s been a couple of weeks and Wheels is not getting any better. I’m going to take him to our path lab on Tuesday where a necropsy will be done. He is eating and drinking well, still crowing and dancing at other chickens at times. But I have caught him “stuck” laying on his sides with the legs doing the split a few times in the past week. I know this is a typical sign of Marek’s. I will post here again when I get the results. I can’t even bare to think about not having him in my life but I’d rather send him over the bridge than having him die somewhere on his own when I’m not around. And having him tested could give me so much more information. I know if it turned out to be Marek, my entire flock would have been affected, I honestly don’t even know what I would do.
:hugs I'm sorry to hear that Wheels is not improving.
I know it's a hard decision to make, but hopefully you can get some answers.
Please let us know what you find out.

Painful add it can be, we sometimes just have to do what we have to do. Sorry for the loss.
:love

Back
Top Bottom