Well I just have found out why my air sacs were so big, and why my eggs lost a bit too much weight for week 1. This whole time my Nurture Right 360 humidity sensor was malfunctioning and reading 15% lower than it actually was! So this whole time I thought it was 55%, it was actually 40%!
What day are you on in your incubation? I've incubated so many shipped eggs I've lost count. Ive hatch a lot of sadled and end to end air sacs but had to assist a few of them if their air cells didn't stabilize after setting them air sacs up in a plastic egg carton with the bottom of each tray cut out. I'm actually incubating call, runner and chicken eggs right now I got off of eBay that had really bad air cells. I have 3 more batches on their way too. (2 call duck batches and another runner duck batch)

What day are you on in your incubation? I've incubated so many shipped eggs I've lost count. Ive hatch a lot of sadled and end to end air sacs but had to assist a few of them if their air cells didn't stabilize after setting them air sacs up in a plastic egg carton with the bottom of each tray cut out. I'm actually incubating call, runner and chicken eggs right now I got off of eBay that had really bad air cells. I have 3 more batches on their way too. (2 call duck batches and another runner duck batch)
Today is day 10

Well I just have found out why my air sacs were so big, and why my eggs lost a bit too much weight for week 1. This whole time my Nurture Right 360 humidity sensor was malfunctioning and reading 15% lower than it actually was! So this whole time I thought it was 55%, it was actually 40%!
The air sacks appear large because of the shipping. Time and shakeing both contribute. 40% is a good humidity for the first part of incubation. Only when you get close to hatching (lock down) do you want to put the humidity up.

Back
Top Bottom