Help! Scabbed and swollen eye!

ChurchGirl

Chirping
Jun 24, 2023
Lake City Florida
Today I noticed on one of our young chickens, Elle, had a weird black scab on her eye. I picked her up and saw that her eye was also swollen and scabbed in two spots. Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I treat her in any specific ways? Is her eye ok? Is there any medicine or a cream to give her? Should I quarantine her from the flock?

1000005822.jpg

ok be ready for it to look like the pictures and also go to the store and buy saline nasal spray with no eucalyptus just pure saline and spray it in her eye if it seals shut gently open it and remember to beak dip her every day mine went a month without food until she suddenly started pecking at the ground and I put her in the trough I believe it’s fowl pox her eyes will fill with puss and she will be lethargic make sure no one’s picking on her after 1 1/2 months or so she’ll be perfectly normal
98C4117B-1719-4F73-AB86-E3B90D921FD7.jpeg
2B356161-1783-4624-BFDF-7E476A6D8D2B.jpeg

ok be ready for it to look like the pictures and also go to the store and buy saline nasal spray with no eucalyptus just pure saline and spray it in her eye if it seals shut gently open it and remember to beak dip her every day mine went a month without food until she suddenly started pecking at the ground and I put her in the trough I believe it’s fowl pox her eyes will fill with puss and she will be lethargic make sure no one’s picking on her after 1 1/2 months or so she’ll be perfectly normal
Thank you so much for the help! I will definitely do exactly like you said! Thank you so much!

It looks like she may have been pecked in her eye, or injured it. There is some yellowish crusty drainage on her eyelid as well. I would flush the eye with saline or eye wash twice a day. Then apply Terramycin eye ointment into the eye twice daily as well. Does she have any symptoms of a respiratory infection?

Back
Top Bottom