Help! Seriously sick chicken!

Quote:
It's called a compacted crop
wink.png

Gracias!
lol.png

Yeah- I would just like to say I'm not saying that the OP's chicken HAS sour crop- I was just trying to suggest something maybe they hadn't thought of already- as stated, please don't start adding extra stress to the bird without knowing what problem you are treating.

Someone told me the green poop - is it bright green? - indicates dehydration. I think. I'm sorry, it's hard to remember.

One of my girls stopped moving and eating and the vet ruled out everything as far as she could with a fecal sample, etc., but she still got worse and worse. She had some black spots on her feet and I prayed it might be bumblefoot and the vet said she didn't think that was it but did wrap her feet, etc.. she still died. Hopefully your bird has a different outcome.

My chicken definately does not have sour crop. All da the crop was flat and squishy, but empty. Before she went inside for bed, she ate some baby chick food, and we encouraged her to eat some oatmeal with some garlic in it, but she didn't like it much. She also ate some bread. bawkbawkbawk, I'm sorry about your girl.

Back
Top Bottom