Help! Should I be concerned with this poop?

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
So for the last week my poop boards have looked like a splatter painting. No one is acting off and all are eating and drinking well. I check them for bugs at least twice a month and recently brought everyone of them in to treat combs for what I think is dry pox and checked them for bugs as well. But I’ve never had a week of runny poop. Not even in the 110 degree summer. I don’t know which of my 9 are doing this. Feed is 20% feather fixer cause a few are molting. They are all about 8 months old except one who is 2. Very little to no treats except they did get a pumpkin to carve but that was on Oct 27 and they haven’t had any treats since. Only 2 are laying almost daily right now but I assume that’s the molt and change in daylight. @aart @Wyorp Rock @nuthatched @Eggcessive @rosemarythyme

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    554.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    937.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Molt might be part of it. I assume you don't know which bird is the problem pooper(s)?

I have one bird that is a terribly messy pooper and has been pretty much been the last 6, maybe 8 months or so. Lays normally, eats and acts normally, I did worm her with Safeguard as well just in case, but apparently she's just a runny pooper and it doesn't affect her otherwise. Just annoying to clean up after.

Last edited:
Molt might be part of it. I assume you don't know which bird is the problem pooper(s)?

I have one bird that is a terribly messy pooper and has been pretty much the last 6, maybe 8 months or so. Lays normally, eats and acts normally, I did worm her with Safeguard as well just in case, but apparently she's just a runny pooper and it doesn't affect her otherwise. Just annoying to clean up after.
Thanks for the response. I have no idea which one it is but I do have some safeguard so I may just worm everyone just in case. 2 of my nine are new. I quarantined for 2 weeks and saw no poop issues or anything else for that matter. One of those is a hen that was a rescue from a production situation and looks like hell lol. She lays daily but yolks are pale and her comb is a bit pale but she eats like she’s never seen food.

I don’t see anything unusual in the poop.
Thanks for the reply. The one on the blue chair worried me a bit cause it looked so slimey and nothing like my girls poop usually looks. And with the 2 new birds introduced recently I went into panic mode. I had quarantined the new birds for 2 weeks and poop was normal that whole time. Introduced them about 1.5 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom