Help! sick chick

katu414

Hatching
Feb 21, 2017
Hello! I have been searching from this forum for answers but now im stuck and i hope to find some advice.
So couple of months ago my phantom chicken got ill so it was even unable to walk or stand up, she didnt eat ( she has been all the time very problematic with eating) I took her to the vet and they said she didnt look very well and gave her some fluids and kept her overnight and then next day she was better and she stood up and even ate. They gave me some antibiotics to give her once daily and i took her home but vet was unable to give diagnosis. She did very well for couple of months and then now day ago i noticed that she is having problems walking and she kind of looses her balance and also dont eat again normally or at all so i called to vet again and they gave me the same antibiotics. I also bought some vitamins what i can mix with her water. This morning I saw in her poo that there was very very small white balls in it and not sure it looks like small eggs altho maybe its caused by some sort of food but i know that the chicken havent been treated for worms but i havent seen any worms in her poo and im not even sure could it be worms. Her poo is greenish also but not liquid. She also closes her eyes a lot and looks tired but she eats a bit now and then and drinks.
Im just worried about her balance and what it couldve been in her poo.. Maybe someone can share some advice. We also have other chicken but she has no problems but I have seen other chicken stretching her neck and opening her peak wide open couple of times which i havent seen before also.
Thank you all the chick lovers!

Hello! I have been searching from this forum for answers but now im stuck and i hope to find some advice.
So couple of months ago my phantom chicken got ill so it was even unable to walk or stand up, she didnt eat ( she has been all the time very problematic with eating) I took her to the vet and they said she didnt look very well and gave her some fluids and kept her overnight and then next day she was better and she stood up and even ate. They gave me some antibiotics to give her once daily and i took her home but vet was unable to give diagnosis. She did very well for couple of months and then now day ago i noticed that she is having problems walking and she kind of looses her balance and also dont eat again normally or at all so i called to vet again and they gave me the same antibiotics. I also bought some vitamins what i can mix with her water. This morning I saw in her poo that there was very very small white balls in it and not sure it looks like small eggs altho maybe its caused by some sort of food but i know that the chicken havent  been treated for worms but i havent seen any worms in her poo and im not even sure could it be worms. Her poo is greenish also but not liquid. She also closes her eyes a lot and looks tired but she eats a bit now and then and drinks. 
Im just worried about her balance and what it couldve been in her poo.. Maybe someone can share some advice. We also have other chicken but she has no problems but I have seen other chicken stretching her neck and opening her peak wide open couple of times which i havent seen before also.
Thank you all the chick lovers!

Welcome to BYC! What antibiotics did the vet give you, what tests did they do, and can you posts some pictures of the poop?

Hello! we got Baytril 25 oral... they didn't told me what tests they did but they said they couldn't put diagnosis and just gave her some fluids..
now i just put her out side for a sec and she still unable to balance well., she takes steps but she looks that she is going to fall over.
I have picture but i'm unable to attach it here for some reason :(
it has like very small white eggs in it very very small tho but when i searched from google i saw some pictures there and hers is similar.

Hello! we got Baytril 25 oral... they didn't told me what tests they did but they said they couldn't put diagnosis and just gave her some fluids..
now i just put her out side for a sec and she still unable to balance well., she takes steps but she looks that she is going to fall over.
I have picture but i'm unable to attach it here for some reason :(
it has like very small white eggs in it very very small tho but when i searched from google i saw some pictures there and hers is similar.

Call you vet and ask them for about the tests they ran. To post a picture I think maybe you need a few more posts, so post back to back posts here and try again once you post count is 10.

Back
Top Bottom