Help Sick Duck

cumminsgal827

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 22, 2013
I have a eight week old duck that is not acting right at all. When I came home tonight from church to put him and the other duck to bed, he kind of fell over when I went into the coop. His wings drooped and he had a hard time getting up. My other duck that I have was what I could tell trying to protect him so I know there is something wrong. I brought them both inside. He has a stuffy nose and in his eyes you can tell he is weak. He also has a warm beak. They are sharing a coop right now with my chickens and as I have observed they all get alone just fine. I also have noticed that the ducks seem to stay out of the coop and the chickens are always in at night. It has been in the high 30's here in Ohio at night. They went swimming the other day, but I made sure that the water was not to cold. Is it possible that he just has a cold? I have no idea what is wrong. I am new to all of this.
Please someone help me

Ducks generally just do not get colds or similar, they are very disease-resistant. If he is showing seizure-like activity, loss of balance or uncoordination, look into a Niacin Deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom