Help! Sick peachicks

The Cipro isn't water soluble, so be sure to stir well. FWIW, 0.1 ml is probably 5 drops.
Yes is see I have to keep stirring. I also had to peel the coating off. So I gave the first dose. I took the sicker bird first and I had the point (not needle but plastic point) on the syringe. I feel like she did not get enough because I took the point off after the syringe was empty and the med was in the point. I feel like she only got one drop. The second bird went perfectly. I am afraid to administer a second time so I will dose their second dose about 9am tomorrow. I hope this is good. I am sorry it is so late! Thank you so much For everything! Attached is a pic of the point I had on for the first little one

Attachments

• 62377D50-7FE9-4607-B3EC-1E96443C0184.jpeg
    62377D50-7FE9-4607-B3EC-1E96443C0184.jpeg
    450.2 KB · Views: 5
Yes is see I have to keep stirring. I also had to peel the coating off. So I gave the first dose. I took the sicker bird first and I had the point (not needle but plastic point) on the syringe. I feel like she did not get enough because I took the point off after the syringe was empty and the med was in the point. I feel like she only got one drop. The second bird went perfectly. I am afraid to administer a second time so I will dose their second dose about 9am tomorrow. I hope this is good. I am sorry it is so late! Thank you so much For everything! Attached is a pic of the point I had on for the first little one
Good morning!
Do you think I should also keep the chicks on the DAC = tylo-dox 10mg orally once per day? I also mixed 20 Of the 20 mg pills into 4cups of water and this is all the water they have available. I also take a tablespoon of plain yogurt and add 15cc of the DAC medicated water mix for them to eat. They really like yogurt 😁 I do not have any fresh water offered to them.
Do they need all this with the Cipro? Sorry for the long message!
Thank you!!
Denise

Oh thank you! I just immediately took the yogurt away! I am so glad I mentioned to you! I am attaching a photo of the medicine. I am also going to get a digital scale because they will grow daily. They are still congested I wish I could take a qtip and pull out the mucus 😥

Attachments

• 715C9CD4-05AC-4AEB-96C6-EBB7BB0F9C92.png
    715C9CD4-05AC-4AEB-96C6-EBB7BB0F9C92.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • A2EC252A-7769-4A11-942D-BFF653EB89F8.jpeg
    A2EC252A-7769-4A11-942D-BFF653EB89F8.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 3
Just a thought, I looked for mites one them because they do seem A little itchy. I didn’t see mites but I wonder because there was a nest on my deck that died of mites last week. And the parents of the babies that died of mites were going into the pen for the peacock scraps. I do not know what is safe to powder the chicks with. I do have injectable ivermectin to apply topically if I can at such a young age.

Do you have permethrin powder?
Yes I do! can I use a tiny bit in a towel and take the straw out? They are still very congested but they are moving around eating and drinking the DAC water. I thought about adding starter grit too 🙏🏼 Through all this they are pretty bright eyed. I was going to attach a short video clip of them but I am unable to on this site 😊
Someone just mentioned to me that I should order amoxicillin for them Outside of Cipro and the DAC. But I also have Cephalexin 500mg capsules and Doxycycline 7.5 mg tabs.
I cannot tell you how grateful I am for you! You are an amazing person for taking the time to help us 🤗

Someone just mentioned to me that I should order amoxicillin for them Outside of Cipro and the DAC. But I also have Cephalexin 500mg capsules and Doxycycline 7.5 mg tabs.
Who suggested that? If you're gonna but anything, get Baytril (enrofloxacin).
drinking the DAC water.
What is DAC water?

Back
Top Bottom