Help! Sick peachicks

Pics

Rottie6868

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2020
Hi born 7/14, My babies are even worse today gasping for air. I am giving them 10mg of Tylo-Doxy (1/2pill dissolved in water and under the tongue) they are very respiratory shaking head opening mouth and I can hear it when they try to breathe. I began med yesterday. Pigeon bottle says once per day, is this incorrect? On hand this is all I have along with 500mg of Cipro pills but I would not even begin to know how to break that down.
Should I take them away from mom and put under heat lamp? They seem to stress more when I take them to med and so I am worried about taking from mom. I do also possibly see mites on them
Please help 💔😭 these are my last 2 babies

Attachments

• FF52DB59-653D-49EE-A8CF-3B10AD0F4161.jpeg
    FF52DB59-653D-49EE-A8CF-3B10AD0F4161.jpeg
    803.3 KB · Views: 48
You and the birds will be in our prayers. Every day I check my three fearing they will become ill. I wanted to get them for many years but the cost... My wife finally had enough of my wishing and brought these three home. So yes, I understand how you must be feeling and in our prayers you will be
pea.jpg

Oh thank you! I just immediately took the yogurt away! I am so glad I mentioned to you! I am attaching a photo of the medicine. I am also going to get a digital scale because they will grow daily. They are still congested I wish I could take a qtip and pull out the mucus 😥

Attachments

• 715C9CD4-05AC-4AEB-96C6-EBB7BB0F9C92.png
    715C9CD4-05AC-4AEB-96C6-EBB7BB0F9C92.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • A2EC252A-7769-4A11-942D-BFF653EB89F8.jpeg
    A2EC252A-7769-4A11-942D-BFF653EB89F8.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 3
Do you have permethrin powder?
Yes I do! can I use a tiny bit in a towel and take the straw out? They are still very congested but they are moving around eating and drinking the DAC water. I thought about adding starter grit too 🙏🏼 Through all this they are pretty bright eyed. I was going to attach a short video clip of them but I am unable to on this site 😊
Someone just mentioned to me that I should order amoxicillin for them Outside of Cipro and the DAC. But I also have Cephalexin 500mg capsules and Doxycycline 7.5 mg tabs.
I cannot tell you how grateful I am for you! You are an amazing person for taking the time to help us 🤗

I also found this online as a possibility, but a possibility we will hope is unfounded as there's no cure.

Respiratory Disease

Peacocks can get respiratory diseases such as Newcastle disease or fowl pox that spread rapidly and can’t be treated once the disease has made itself known. Other respiratory illnesses show up as swollen eyes or sinuses. The effects of these diseases can be helped with antibiotics, but they may never go away completely. Keeping your peafowl's housing sanitary and keeping them from sick birds are defenses against respiratory illness.

Is a vet an option? If it is, get them to a vet ASAP. If a vet is not an option, do you have a food scale to weigh them on. If not, can you go buy a good scale?

Back
Top Bottom