Help! Sick peachicks

Who suggested that? If you're gonna but anything, get Baytril (enrofloxacin).

What is DAC water?
It was a friend that my husband knows that does rescue. He did not see the birds though so I do not trust that at all.
The gaping has not stopped yet 😥 I will try to find Baytril but it is not otc. Maybe my cat rescue friend might have a tiny bit to spare. The DAC water is the Tylo-dox tablets where I crushed 20- 20mg tablets into 4 cups of water. I can resend the pics of the bottle. I was also taking 10mg crushing and mixing with 1cc water and feeding to each of them. The DAC is water and daily tablet is what am I not sure I should stop or not. ☹️
Should I put a little of the .25% mite powder on a towel for them and take the straw away?

I am, by no means, an expert on peafowl. I do have three new peachicks that are 6 weeks old. Since they are a new species to me I have been doing a lot of research. One theme comes up in every article I read on peafowl-Coccidiosis. From what I have read this is the number one health menace for peachicks. Could this be a possibility for your two chicks? If so, the literature says to treat with Corid (Amprolium).

Hi! They are on medicated feed and the medication in the feed is the same as corrid from what I understand. I know you cannot do both the corid and medicated feed. I do not think Coccidia infects the lungs like this I think they have pneumonia 💔🙏🏼

Back
Top Bottom