Help! Sick peachicks

My babies are still hanging in there 🙏🏼. They do get some rest when they shake out the phlegm. I was reading the link on the airsac mites and came across a brood fungus. I do live in a very woodsy area. I recently bought fishzole to have on hand. Is it possible to make a concoction using the fishzole and Baytril 22.7 tabs I am about to pick up? I am also going to dust the cage for and area for mites and give them towels instead of straw. They are tough little birds they certainly want to live. Please let me know if you feel this is a good idea
Thank you So much
I would not recommend the use of fish zole as it is intended for fish that have a much different physiological make-up than peafowl. The rest of what you typed sounds good.

I would not recommend the use of fish zole as it is intended for fish that have a much different physiological make-up than peafowl. The rest of what you typed sounds good.
Fishzole (metronidazole) can be used in pet birds to giardia, histomoniasis, necrotic enteritis, and some gram positive infections.

My babies are still hanging in there 🙏🏼. They do get some rest when they shake out the phlegm. I was reading the link on the airsac mites and came across a brood fungus. I do live in a very woodsy area. I recently bought fishzole to have on hand. Is it possible to make a concoction using the fishzole and Baytril 22.7 tabs I am about to pick up? I am also going to dust the cage for and area for mites and give them towels instead of straw. They are tough little birds they certainly want to live. Please let me know if you feel this is a good idea
Thank you So much
I drove the chicks 2 hours away they are in an oxygen tank now. They see the vet at 4est. I will update you. I was worried they wouldn’t make it here but they did! ❤️ Strong will to survive

You and the birds will be in our prayers. Every day I check my three fearing they will become ill. I wanted to get them for many years but the cost... My wife finally had enough of my wishing and brought these three home. So yes, I understand how you must be feeling and in our prayers you will be
pea.jpg

I drove the chicks 2 hours away they are in an oxygen tank now. They see the vet at 4est. I will update you. I was worried they wouldn’t make it here but they did! ❤ Strong will to survive
They safely made it home it was a very stressful day for them. they were making the sweetest noises when I got them all settled in again late last night ❤️
They spent 9 hours in an oxygen tank at the vet which relieved their gaping, I wish I had one.
they both have both upper and lower respiratory infection. They were both injected With and put on Oxytetracycline In their water. I requested the injection to boost their antibiotic levels because I did not give them medication before I left.
I do still have questions on the bedding they should be on. I have them on straw but the straw has the seeds on it. It is very course straw I do not feel this is snuggly enough for them to keep warm enough. I am also going to call the vet this morning to ask about a nebulizer. Because I have 2 and if they can use it I will hook them up to lessen the phlegm.
do you have any bedding suggestions? Or any thoughts on the nebulizer? Thank you!

You and the birds will be in our prayers. Every day I check my three fearing they will become ill. I wanted to get them for many years but the cost... My wife finally had enough of my wishing and brought these three home. So yes, I understand how you must be feeling and in our prayers you will beView attachment 2276353
Your babies are adorable! How old they? They look just weeks older than my babies! Thank you for the prayers we need them desperately! 🤗🙏🏼❤️

Your babies are adorable! How old they? They look just weeks older than my babies! Thank you for the prayers we need them desperately! 🤗🙏🏼
The picture isn't recent enough; they are about 6 weeks old now. When I first got the chicks I had them in a plastic tub with fine wood shavings, which are very absorbent and clean. They soon outgrew the tub so now they are in a wire pen on the patio that has closely spaced bars for a floor. And you are welcome-sounds like the prayers were answered. YEAH!

Back
Top Bottom