HELP SICK SILKIE falling over not eating much

jsamansk

Chirping
May 24, 2019
Hi. I got a few silkies about two monthes ago. One died of sour crop, it was taken to vet.
since then the two silkies have neverreally seemed healthy. They have bloody poop when got here so I treated for coccidiosis. They have last month been shaking head, there’s a video attached. I see no bugs at night or in the morning. The one in the kennel now can’t walk is falling over so I’m kennel. Is alert, poops looks normal, doing the head shake thing, isn’t eating enough. A month ago I treatedthe chickens again for coccidiosis and did the full treatment then the half treatment. Now four week later the other one startsnot standing well so I do a 1/2 t per gallon. It seems better excluding the head shake but the little now is worse in a kennel now cuz can’t stand falls over. The two main things I see are falling over and not eating enough. The silkie outside has some runny poop on butt so maybe they still have the coccidiosis but the one inside poop is normal. I really am loosing my mind on this. Theres no injuries or anything. Can someone please help?

Attachments

• 28D75750-1EE2-4D00-A9D4-B1A75AB0B8D0.jpeg
    28D75750-1EE2-4D00-A9D4-B1A75AB0B8D0.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 33
Head shaking can sometimes be from a respiratory infection or lice/mites. Can you look for lice or mites? Is there any nasal draninage or watery/foamy eye? Any sneezing?

Head shaking can sometimes be from a respiratory infection or lice/mites. Can you look for lice or mites? Is there any nasal draninage or watery/foamy eye? Any sneezing?
I have checked for bugs everywhere on it and I find none. I’ve checked a few times now. No issues with running eyes coughing sneezing nothing. :/ I am giving it nutri drench once a day started last night doing that. I thought mites but I can’t see anything. Thought about just going ahead and treating but idk.

Normally with possible coccidiosis I would treat with the maximum dose of 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days.

now the other silkie is falling over and as such im really thinking this is more coccidiosis. im gonna go ahead and treat for mites with pout on ivermectin a few drops in shoulder blades as well for all the chickens just because of the head shaking. what do you think?

Normally with possible coccidiosis I would treat with the maximum dose of 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days.
i did this a month ago with that treatment and then a step down treatment like it was advised.

Can you get some Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell and give them 1 ml orally for the next couple of days as a boost? Mix some wet chicken feed, water, and a little plain yogurt and see if they will eat. Ivermectinndosage for a silkie would be 0.1 ml placed on the back of the neck over the spine. Repeat in 14 days.

i think its more than simply a bug problem now. the other silkie is sick too. it head is wry and could only lay on side but now is eating and drinking with slight head tilt. had a big seizure. may have to have euthanzied as im starting to think this is merricks disease or some similar. they have both slightly improved but yah not well. ive been giving nurtidrench vitamins you name it. anyhow

A864F30B-0D43-442E-ADFB-BCE62A7C5A39.jpeg

Attachments

• D21FF00F-B85E-44CC-BDA5-CE1FEBA0A656.jpeg
    D21FF00F-B85E-44CC-BDA5-CE1FEBA0A656.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 41A0437C-2894-4BBF-A7FD-E3104C56A50D.png
    41A0437C-2894-4BBF-A7FD-E3104C56A50D.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
It looked dead this am and now it is up again but of course with the head tilt. The other does not have a head tilt only a weak leg. I think this is a “he” which was I thought a she.

Back
Top Bottom