1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP SLW intermittent layer? Whats up? or Normal

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GhostRider65, Aug 12, 2011.

1. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    My SLW started laying a week ago or so didn't right it down dummy me....... anyway she lays 1 egg then don't lay another for a day or 2 then 1 then nothing for a couple more days........Is this normal for a new pullet? Or is something wrong with her? Should I be worried about egg laying issues. she is 20 weeks old, and only 1 other hen ios laying a BSL who lays everyday.........

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I pretty sure it's normal... At least my chickens usually start out slow. It also depends on the breed.

3. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    Ty I am hoping so because unless she lays an egg today this will be the third day with no egg from her, weird that Suzi lays everyday but she is a BSL and known for a laying breed. So maybe thats the difference. Henrietta layed her first egg today silly girl read the thread Most unorthodox way to lay an egg...

4. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    Quote:all my wyandottes were like that give um a month or two and they'll be laying more regularly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by