1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP!!! SO WORRIED!!! My duckling took a chunk of soap!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by caboodleschicks, May 23, 2017.

1. caboodleschicks

caboodleschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2017
    South Carolina
    Please help! My Runner duckling, aroun 6 weeks old took a pretty good bite off of a bar of soap!

Story:
    I filled the bathtub with a little bit of water, where they wouldn't drown if I walked away. I walked away and came back a few minutes later. Daffy, the Runner, took a bit of a bar of soap that was in the side of the tub. (I didn't pay it much attention when I left) He's been acting a little strange sense then, but it might be my head getting to me.

Is Daffy going to be okay!? Here's the amount he had.
    KIMG0494.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. BrinaChick

BrinaChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2017
    Ozarks
    Your duckling should be okay. Since your duckling is 6 weeks old I wouldn't worry too much, if it was a few days old that could be really problematic.
    Perhaps you could encourage it to drink plenty of water, and eat normal duck mash. Also (as you already now know) keep the soap out of reach if your peeps are inside the house.

caboodleschicks likes this.
  3. caboodleschicks

caboodleschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2017
    South Carolina
    Thank you so much and… Yeah, I learned my lesson! :lol:

4. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    I'm sure it will be fine. I wouldn't worry and just encourage it to eat and drink.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by