HELP!!! SO WORRIED!!! My duckling took a chunk of soap!

caboodleschicks

Crowing
Feb 17, 2017
South Carolina
Please help! My Runner duckling, aroun 6 weeks old took a pretty good bite off of a bar of soap!

Story:
I filled the bathtub with a little bit of water, where they wouldn't drown if I walked away. I walked away and came back a few minutes later. Daffy, the Runner, took a bit of a bar of soap that was in the side of the tub. (I didn't pay it much attention when I left) He's been acting a little strange sense then, but it might be my head getting to me.

Is Daffy going to be okay!? Here's the amount he had.
KIMG0494.JPG

Attachments

• 2017-05-23-17-10-29.jpg
    2017-05-23-17-10-29.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Your duckling should be okay. Since your duckling is 6 weeks old I wouldn't worry too much, if it was a few days old that could be really problematic.
Perhaps you could encourage it to drink plenty of water, and eat normal duck mash. Also (as you already now know) keep the soap out of reach if your peeps are inside the house.

Your duckling should be okay. Since your duckling is 6 weeks old I wouldn't worry too much, if it was a few days old that could be really problematic.
Perhaps you could encourage it to drink plenty of water, and eat normal duck mash. Also (as you already now know) keep the soap out of reach if your peeps are inside the house.
Thank you so much and… Yeah, I learned my lesson! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom