HELP,..someone stranded another Pekin duck at the college pond

Pics

bernie131

Songster
6 Years
Apr 26, 2016
Kansas City, Kansas
I have been going to the college for YEARS to run/walk and feed the ducks/geese and a few days ago someone let another Pekin duck go in the parking lot and it walked over to the lake where I was and (Shorty) the other Pekin duck there has a mate (Rocky) a Mallard drake SO since it was night time and he didn't know the area or probably how to fend for itself,..I took it home,..NOW I need advice,..he won't eat any of the seed/corn that I feed the other ducks,..he is obsessed with finding me where ever I go,..does not take to any toys,..chases everyone and nips at them,..I can hold him in my lap and that is all he likes,..He scratches like crazy,..Can they have fleas and mites and if they can How do I help him get rid of them,.????? I keep him on the back porch at night,..with lots of water but WHAT DO I FEED HIM??? What am I going to do with him?? Need help ASAP,...

vegetables, peas, green beans....sweet potato cooked or baked...
blueberries, strawberries, raspberry,,, maybe even corn bread, spaghetti ...just to see if he will eat it.... mine do....as treats..
If they have lice, I wouldn't let get around your other animals until you get rid of his..
let me look to see what everyone else uses..

vegetables, peas, green beans....sweet potato cooked or baked...
blueberries, strawberries, raspberry,,, maybe even corn bread, spaghetti ...just to see if he will eat it.... mine do....as treats..
If they have lice, I wouldn't let get around your other animals until you get rid of his..
let me look to see what everyone else uses..
Oh....Sounds like fleas....

I've used 7 dust on my chickens ... though a lot of people say they won't.
but I keep it away from breathing area's eyes and mouth...
the lice seem to drop dead very quickly.....
there is something you can use to spray them with.. but need to search back yard chicken to find the name of it..

I've used 7 dust on my chickens ... though a lot of people say they won't.
but I keep it away from breathing area's eyes and mouth...
the lice seem to drop dead very quickly.....
there is something you can use to spray them with.. but need to search back yard chicken to find the name of it..
Chickens....Ducks can not be exposed to lots of things that Chickens can....:th.....Be careful with your Ducks......

Back
Top Bottom