Help! Something wrong with my rooster

elmoflim

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2015
Simpsonville
So my favorite silkie rooster has something going on with his eyes I figured it was just a little dry from going cold super quick(I got sick too,) but today it was super messed up. Usually he’s perky and happy., but today he’s slow and depressed(lethargic.) Any suggestions on how to get him better and what is this?
8F251FF9-0157-48F2-B39F-AFC8383A05D8.jpeg
238BF1DD-D2E3-420F-BCE9-8BB58AA09770.jpeg
A298F830-466C-43C7-B72C-244492AAE519.jpeg
3E97C129-3564-4E9B-A2E0-91CBA74E873A.jpeg
A298F830-466C-43C7-B72C-244492AAE519.jpeg
8F251FF9-0157-48F2-B39F-AFC8383A05D8.jpeg
3E97C129-3564-4E9B-A2E0-91CBA74E873A.jpeg

Also if he does have favus and I separate the hens from him I have a baby duck egg 8 days away from hatching. Do I need to be prepared to put vetrx on it or should it be ok?

He’s shaking a lot like he’s cold and his balance is off(keeps falling over) he’s eating and drinking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 27
CAE7F8F3-6D7D-4CB7-BEE8-708FF971C805.jpeg
71951AE9-87CF-4545-A8E0-A7B584713427.jpeg
E56313AB-9063-4B5F-A313-639CB7D22895.jpeg
F519E2F9-F5F3-4B60-947D-2CF8CE81E024.jpeg
Poor thing has something to do with his foot too. Would this be bumblefoot? I’ve tested his feet and this foot doesn’t clench,(? Like when they close their toes on your finger,) like his other foot. I kept my hand on this side of him and he was able to walk fine assisted. When not assisted he falls forwards, backwards, or to this side. It seems to either be in pain, paralyzed, or both. What are your guys thoughts? Poor baby and I’m super sick this month.

It thought it looked like favus, too. You would treat it with antifungal cream. However, favus would not explain his other symptoms. He sounds pretty sick and may need some extra warmth. Do you know if his crop is functioning properly? How is his poop? Can you have his poop tested for worms or coccidiosis? Have you checked him for lice or mites? Sorry about all the questions. Just trying to narrow things down.

It thought it looked like favus, too. You would treat it with antifungal cream. However, favus would not explain his other symptoms. He sounds pretty sick and may need some extra warmth. Do you know if his crop is functioning properly? How is his poop? Can you have his poop tested for worms or coccidiosis? Have you checked him for lice or mites? Sorry about all the questions. Just trying to narrow things down.
I cleaned his eyes out well and the white gunk is gone and have been putting stuff on it for favus just in case. He’s drinking, eating, and pooping well. His crop is working regularly and I’m wondering if his face was because he couldn’t clean himself probably because of his foot? I’ve treated for mites and lice and will continue to check for them, but so far no signs. I was worried it was Scaley Leg Mites. No problem I don’t mind the questions, I can’t send the poop for it. Could it be from his little wound on his foot? I’m so glad he’s well tempered I’ve been combing him over repeatedly trying to figure out what’s wrong.

I cleaned his eyes out well and the white gunk is gone and have been putting stuff on it for favus just in case. He’s drinking, eating, and pooping well. His crop is working regularly and I’m wondering if his face was because he couldn’t clean himself probably because of his foot? I’ve treated for mites and lice and will continue to check for them, but so far no signs. I was worried it was Scaley Leg Mites. No problem I don’t mind the questions, I can’t send the poop for it. Could it be from his little wound on his foot? I’m so glad he’s well tempered I’ve been combing him over repeatedly trying to figure out what’s wrong.
I'm a Chickenoob here, but the bumble wouldn't cause the face thing and wouldn't likely affect her ability to scratch. One of my BufffOrps got a middle toenail ripped off and that didn't stop her from using that toe at all. From experience, having a nail ripped off leaves a pretty tender toe.

I'm a Chickenoob here, but the bumble wouldn't cause the face thing and wouldn't likely affect her ability to scratch. One of my BufffOrps got a middle toenail ripped off and that didn't stop her from using that toe at all. From experience, having a nail ripped off leaves a pretty tender toe.
I’ve noticed his shaking is mainly due to his injured foot shaking in pain. I need to give him another bath today and see if it would be due to injury or Scaley Leg Mites. I know his biggest issue is his feet, but he’s still managing to get around to his food and water then to his teddy bear I put in for him to cuddle with under the heat lamp turning it on when the weather drops at night. He’s inside currently to help keep warm.

Back
Top Bottom