Help sorting out McMurray's Heavy Mix (Pic heavy)

Quote:
You're probably right - their eyes look just like my sexlinks/black stars eyes.

DCS - check the front breast feathers of those two chickens and see if there's any brown at all in them. If there is, then they are definitely the sexlinks & not the austrolorps or black giants. The sexlinks/black stars will still have that pretty green sheen to their feathers.

Quote:
i agree with almost all of these exept, #6 i think she/he is a Faveralle

And #5 new hampsires have white skin

May I just reiterate that you guys are awesome!

I will go out in the morning and look for any brown on the black ones. Black stars would be great! I hear they're good layers, and these 3 seem nice.

And the big questionable guy (#11) is significantly bigger than anyof the roo EEs. A LOT bigger. And he definitely has yellow legs, if that matters.

And I am surprised that the RIR is so scrawny compared to the others... he's a lot smaller. Roo, right?

Will also try what color skin the possible NH has. (It's dark now, and the coop has no electricity.)

Favorelle? Will have to look that up. She's striking, whatever she is. (Green legs for that one too)!

Quote:
I don't have any personal experience with new hampshires, but when I just now googled 'new hampshire chickens skin coloring', everything came up saying their skin is yellow, including wikiepeda.

Back
Top Bottom