Help telling the breeds?

Silivrenwolf

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 12, 2013
Wondering if anyone could help me in figuring out what breeds these birds are. They are all different ones and stupid me forgot to write them all down when we bought them as chicks.

I'd like to know so I can try and figure out which ones are laying. :) It's been very exciting!

These are the photos I have of them right now. I will get updated photos of all as we have 9. Sadly one was attacked by a predator and lost. :(

#1 is a Black Star
#2 is a partridge something but it doesn't fit my idea of Partridge Rock or Wyandotte or Chantecler so I don't know what it is. It looks like it might have a rose comb. If it has a rose comb it might be a Partridge Wyanodotte with not very good lacing.

#3 is likely a Black Australorp
#4 looks like it is a White Rock

#5 is a Barred Rock

All of those are really good laying breeds. They look to be close to laying but not quite yet as their combs are not that red. Their combs will get bigger and really red when they are mature enough to lay.

My guesses.
Lady of McCamley

Last edited:
Here are a few other photos I forgot I had. I know two breeds for sure and thats a Canadian Chantecler and a Russian Orloff :D

My cutie pie Russian Orloff as a chick. I named Chicken Little as.she was the smallest out of them all.

Wondering if anyone could help me in figuring out what breeds these birds are. They are all different ones and stupid me forgot to write them all down when we bought them as chicks.

I'd like to know so I can try and figure out which ones are laying. :) It's been very exciting!

These are the photos I have of them right now. I will get updated photos of all as we have 9. Sadly one was attacked by a predator and lost. :(

Black Sex Link
mix breed? poor partridge color, rose comb, no wattles don't add up to a single breed that I recognize
Looks to be a mix too, too light bodied to be an Aussie, has birchen
leakage in the hackles

white rock

barred rock

Here are a few other photos I forgot I had. I know two breeds for sure and thats a Canadian Chantecler and a Russian Orloff :D

My cutie pie Russian Orloff as a chick. I named Chicken Little as.she was the smallest out of them all.

Sorry, she is not an Orloff, they have muff and a very upright stance. That chick is probably your Partridge chicken though.

Last edited:
Okay I was just researching and came across this picture
Studio_ChtclrBtmPLt_6834_L.jpg

(My Pet Chicken.com Partridge Chantecler)

I did not know that Chanteclers came in partridge. So I am now thinking that your partridge girl could possibly be your Chantecler.

hatchery quality partridge Chantecler?
This one could be an Iowa Blue--I know Ideal Hatchery sells them, maybe others.

I agree with others, White Rock

I think Cuckoo Marans--barring is really poor for even a hatchery Barred Rock. Is this the same bird front-center in the photo below? Looks like white/pink legs.

Where did you get them from?

LL
I also see what looks like a Light Brown Leghorn or Welsummer in the middle to the right of the cat.

Last edited:
If you indeed had an Orloff, it was the one lost. That chick you show isn't an Orloff, but probably your Chantecler.

I see a black sex link, the partridge Chantecler, maybe some type of game hen in birchen color, a white rock, and I also think the barred bird might be a Cuckoo Marans. Yellow legs should be a Rock, white legs a Marans. It's hard to say from pattern alone as hatchery barred birds can be so messy. Enlarging the group shot the legs look grey, so I'm thinking maybe they're white and it's a Marans.

Speaking of enlarging the group shot, what is that cat? It's kind of creeping me out
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom