Help! The skin around my ducks bill is peeling?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mp_0105, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Mp_0105

Mp_0105 In the Brooder

Sep 16, 2017
    Hello everyone! I am new to this site and looking for some help. I believe I have a pekin duck, and it's four weeks old now. The area around its bill is starting to peel/scab. I'm not sure why and I don't know what to do. If anyone knows anything that can help, please share your knowledge here on this thread. It would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. 17 chickens

17 chickens Crazy Chicken Math

Jul 11, 2016
    Chattaroy Washington
    First off nice little duck you have there... Ducks will shed the thin layer on its beak a few times. Some of my males have changed from black to a ugly shade of green now it's a pretty yello/orange. And another male went from a pretty brown to a yellowish color.
    The boy ducks called drakes will eventually change the color of the beach until he is mature. Nothing to worry about!

Mp_0105 likes this.
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

:welcome

4. Ducktown

Ducktown Songster

May 8, 2017
    Yea, I've also been worried for a while. He started having strange patches that eventually peeled off. He was otherwise completely healthy and in great shape. Now, his bill is almost yellow (mallard drake colored indian runner) and he just have one spot on his bill that is still peeling. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your duck.

Mp_0105 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: