Help! There is a skunk in my coop now!

Hi Mary, I found where he got in. He dug under the coop. Filled it with orange peels and cat litter. I'll be getting a live trap soon I guess. How do I avoid him spaying me when I catch him? Do you know?
I'm not Mary but I would throw something over the trap. Once they spray it's several days (around 10 days) before they can spray again.

I went out and tried to scare it away but it stomped it's feet at me like a challenge so I went in and got my gun and when I came out it did it again so it was bye bye skunk.
I bet that skunk learned to pick on someone their own size that day...

I have no experience with disposing of predators, but I’m going to keep lurking this thread so I’ll know for future reference.... :caf

I dug a huge hole on the back side of our property. Every time I caught a skunk I would cover the trap take it out to the hole. Hubby would open the trap and when the skunk would come out, I would shoot it and it went in the hole with some dirt to cover it. Of course they did stink but immediately shoveling some dirt over it did help.

skunks actually attack the head and neck of the chicken, and they will usually tear out the throat and neck area of the chicken to kill the bird, and they will then eat as much of the chicken as they need.

Back
Top Bottom