Help! Today is Lockdown but temp is going up as humidity does.

TaylorChickadoodleFam

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2020
I just added more warm water and some sponges to raise humidity and it’s reading 65 but now the temperature has also gone up to 102 and 103. I put the thermometer closer to the bulb to get the warmest read and eggs are usually a degree or two cooler as they are a couple inches further. How can can lower temp in my DIY incubator without messing the humidity? Add cooler water? I placed a piece of styrofoam to block direct light for now and can knock it down with a straw I have it it get too cold. Any advice helps!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 7
I just added more warm water and some sponges to raise humidity and it’s reading 65 but now the temperature has also gone up to 102 and 103. I put the thermometer closer to the bulb to get the warmest read and eggs are usually a degree or two cooler as they are a couple inches further. How can can lower temp in my DIY incubator without messing the humidity? Add cooler water? I placed a piece of styrofoam to block direct light for now and can knock it down with a straw I have it it get too cold. Any advice helps!!
Pwease help. Now it’s reading 104 and I don’t know how to lower it. I took off all extra insulation

I would make a ventilation hole right above the light to allow some heat to escape. Sorry you're having trouble. Has it been good up until now? To up humidity try pouring some water in the bottom of your cooler.

Can you crack the lid a little bit to allow the heat to vent out?
I can’t crack it as it’ll let out too much humidity. I did and have always had a quarter size hole above the light. It’s so hard to get it all right and then egg position... I’m not sure if they’re all equally temperature stable. I know of if goes up and down a little bit in temp it averages. But boy I won’t sleep tonight. I think the house cooling down will help. Thank you. I will barely crack it if I have to. OH and I turned off the light for 30 seconds and it dropped 1 degree yay!

Yes K actu
I would make a ventilation hole right above the light to allow some heat to escape. Sorry you're having trouble. Has it been good up until now? To up humidity try pouring some water in the bottom of your cooler.
Hi and thanks! I actually already have a quarter size hole there above the bulb the whole time. I’m sure it’s helped release the heat. Humidity is good so far to keep at 60. Should I go higher? And I just figured I’d turn off the light for 20-30 seconds at a time to help cool ot without messing with humidity. I won’t be sleeping tonight lol. I have Our security camera set to look at the eggs and temp through the window so I don’t have to keep getting up.

Yes K actu

Hi and thanks! I actually already have a quarter size hole there above the bulb the whole time. I’m sure it’s helped release the heat. Humidity is good so far to keep at 60. Should I go higher? And I just figured I’d turn off the light for 20-30 seconds at a time to help cool ot without messing with humidity. I won’t be sleeping tonight lol. I have Our security camera set to look at the eggs and temp through the window so I don’t have to keep getting up.
Haha! That's good. Once the eggs pip I would try to get it a bit higher, like 70%. Turning off the light sounds like a good solution.

Back
Top Bottom