Help treating chicken mites

Unfortunately you can’t buy that in Canada either :/. Well tiny 5ml bottles are available at $15
Elector PSP is also known as spinosad - I checked if it is legal in Canada - it looks like it might be (its just not called Elector PSP).

Here's some legal info:
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...valuation-note/2018/spinosad-rev-2018-07.html

Elector PSP has 44% spinosad. I don't see a comparable product in Canada, but you have to dilute Elector, so perhaps the Canadian products don't require dilution. Spinosad is probably your best bet! It's safe and effective!

Elector PSP is also known as spinosad - I checked if it is legal in Canada - it looks like it might be (its just not called Elector PSP).

Here's some legal info:
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...valuation-note/2018/spinosad-rev-2018-07.html

Elector PSP has 44% spinosad. I don't see a comparable product in Canada, but you have to dilute Elector, so perhaps the Canadian products don't require dilution. Spinosad is probably your best bet! It's safe and effective!

Here's some legal info:

Ok. I’ll see if I can find a product with that. I have a UV light going on the inside and I keep moving it around. Hopefully that does something. I also slathered their combs and feet with coconut oil and gave them ivermectin paste. I have force of nature which is a good and animal safe disinfectant and I sprayed that in their outdoor coop in all the cracks and it’s killing spiders and little bugs flat so I will spray that inside and hopefully it will do something.

Ok so it’s been over a week and the only thing I could find was a permitherin spray for fleas in your house. I sprayed that and cleaned their coop well. The mites seem to be gone. I’ve used a flashlight in the evening all over the white walls inside the coop and could not find one ( before I was able to see a lot)
Unfortunately I heard a ruckus in the coop this morning and went to check and my rooster lay on his back beside the roost. He must have just passed because he was still warm and pliable. My girls are very upset. As well my hen that I had in a carrier and would let her free range all day, well she had passed away too. I’m hoping it was just a coincidence they passed within hours of each other. They had just turned 5 years September 8th. I found a nice box that fit theM both ♥️

Ok so it’s been over a week and the only thing I could find was a permitherin spray for fleas in your house. I sprayed that and cleaned their coop well. The mites seem to be gone. I’ve used a flashlight in the evening all over the white walls inside the coop and could not find one ( before I was able to see a lot)
Unfortunately I heard a ruckus in the coop this morning and went to check and my rooster lay on his back beside the roost. He must have just passed because he was still warm and pliable. My girls are very upset. As well my hen that I had in a carrier and would let her free range all day, well she had passed away too. I’m hoping it was just a coincidence they passed within hours of each other. They had just turned 5 years September 8th. I found a nice box that fit theM both ♥️
I’m so sorry for your loss, I have a bad mite infestation I’m trying to get rid of. I had the same thing happen with one of my silkies. I’m slowing seeing the mites die off, it seems to take awhile. Mites are just awful, and so hard to get rid of. It is kinda crappy. it is so hard for you to get “the really good stuff. I didn’t have much luck with elector psp, or the Martin’s horse stable sprays. Hope you find something that works, and again sorry for your loss.

I’m so sorry for your loss, I have a bad mite infestation I’m trying to get rid of. I had the same thing happen with one of my silkies. I’m slowing seeing the mites die off, it seems to take awhile. Mites are just awful, and so hard to get rid of. It is kinda crappy. it is so hard for you to get “the really good stuff. I didn’t have much luck with elector psp, or the Martin’s horse stable sprays. Hope you find something that works, and again sorry for your loss.
Thank you Maziemay 💕. It definitely hurt and will continue to do so. I hatched them as chicks and they were my pets.
Are you in Canada or US? I went to the pet store and they had flea spray for the home that had permitherin. I sprayed all the cracks and walls with that and burned all their bedding. That seems to have helped. I guess there are 2 types of mites depending what kind you have determines the treatment. I’m not 100% sure what kind I had so I treated my birds and their coop. Hopefully you can get it under control.

Thank you Maziemay 💕. It definitely hurt and will continue to do so. I hatched them as chicks and they were my pets.
Are you in Canada or US? I went to the pet store and they had flea spray for the home that had permitherin. I sprayed all the cracks and walls with that and burned all their bedding. That seems to have helped. I guess there are 2 types of mites depending what kind you have determines the treatment. I’m not 100% sure what kind I had so I treated my birds and their coop. Hopefully you can get it under control.
I’m in the US. Yep trying to figure out which kind of mites is rough cause they are so small. I believe I have red mites…awful little bugs. Same here, these chickens are our pets, so when we lose one it is so hard. I never knew how attached I could get to these chickens. They really are something else. Last weekend I ended up torching the roosting bars and all the little cracks I could find. Then sprayed my coop and chickens with permethrin. I will repeat in 5 days. At first elector psp worked a little bit then it stopped working. So I had to use something else. I’m hoping this will work this time. Thank you and good luck to you too. 😉

Back
Top Bottom