Help treating chicken mites

I used Ivermectin to treat a flock of 5 ( scaly mites) I used PSP and permethrin as well but they weren't as effective as ivermectin.They've only recently started molting and are finally growing any broken feathers back. https://www.merckvetmanual.com/poultry/ectoparasites/mites-of-poultry
I agree with you! Ivermectin has worked a lot more for me too. My coop is all wood so it has been rough trying to get every knot and crack saturated. After going through this, I have learned so much. I know what not to use when building a coop lol lol. It seems somethings work and somethings don’t. It’s all trial by error unfortunately. It is great your chickens feathers are starting to grow back, what wonderful news. I bet you can’t wait.

I agree with you! Ivermectin has worked a lot more for me too. My coop is all wood so it has been rough trying to get every knot and crack saturated. After going through this, I have learned so much. I know what not to use when building a coop lol lol. It seems somethings work and somethings don’t. It’s all trial by error unfortunately. It is great your chickens feathers are starting to grow back, what wonderful news. I bet you can’t wait.
Thanks! I just hope I don't ever have to go thru it again!

Back
Top Bottom