HELP! Twin duck egg no pip day 28

Pics

Mikayla1234

Chirping
Dec 29, 2022
This is only my second time hatching some of my duck eggs and I got twins! Everything has been going good but now it is day 28 with no pip! They are still alive, lots of movement and a little bit of shaking, but I’m worried they don’t have enough room or are shrink wrapped or are too weak. If anyone has some advice it would really help. ❤️

This is a photo of the egg yesterday.
( day 27 )

Attachments

• FCB2F601-68EE-4C5F-A644-A9A4C44E0081.jpeg
    FCB2F601-68EE-4C5F-A644-A9A4C44E0081.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 31
Hi, Sussex19. I read the full post about the twins, it’s really sad. But it looks like it has finished so I can’t really help?
I thought that with her experience, and I think she knows someone who is good at assisted hatches that she might be able to help.
I don't know very much myself, but when you candle it, do you see any internal pip? If there is, you may want to consider making an air hole.
If not, then you may just have to wait a bit longer.
Here is an article https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/ that might be useful, but I don't think its got anything about twins in it.

I thought that with her experience, and I think she knows someone who is good at assisted hatches that she might be able to help.
I don't know very much myself, but when you candle it, do you see any internal pip? If there is, you may want to consider making an air hole.
Here is an article https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/ that might be useful, but I don't think its got anything about twins in it.
no, I just candled to be sure and no internal pip yet. Still very alive and hopefully makes progress throughout the night. Fingers crossed 🤞

no, I just candled to be sure and no internal pip yet. Still very alive and hopefully makes progress throughout the night. Fingers crossed 🤞
Thanks so much for the article! It really helped ❤️

This is only my second time hatching some of my duck eggs and I got twins! Everything has been going good but now it is day 28 with no pip! They are still alive, lots of movement and a little bit of shaking, but I’m worried they don’t have enough room or are shrink wrapped or are too weak. If anyone has some advice it would really help. ❤️
Do you have any photos from when the egg was on day 3-12, by any chance? I'd like to make sure this is twins as twins need different help than a normal egg would.
It looks like there's still a little way to go for this egg, either way. Did you calibrate your thermometer? what does the temperature read?

@WVduckchick is an expert hatcher, she may be able to give her opinion/advice.

Do you have any photos from when the egg was on day 3-12, by any chance? I'd like to make sure this is twins as twins need different help than a normal egg would.
It looks like there's still a little way to go for this egg, either way. Did you calibrate your thermometer? what does the temperature read?

@WVduckchick is an expert hatcher, she may be able to give her opinion/advice.
Here is a photo of day 13, sorry for the bad quality, it might be a bit blurry.

Attachments

• 7C0BE220-3C3B-4245-8286-BADB71437FB7.jpeg
    7C0BE220-3C3B-4245-8286-BADB71437FB7.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom